U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-22-2008, 11:36 AM

4,791 posts, read 9,586,633 times
I don't understand the OP's question. Proving that someone is dealing or guilty of a crime is up to the courts. If you feel illegal or dangerous activity is going on, then notify the police with all your documentation. Go to your local precinct if you feel the presence of a police car at your house is a tip off.

If they don't respond, and you are fairly certain "stuff" is happinging, I think the DEA is the agency that you need to contact. I would suggest looking at their web site and see if they have FAQ's or contacts.

The ATF is Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms......unless you feel they are "dealing unlicensed firearms", then this is not the agency to help you. Did I miss something....I only skimmed the posts.

Last edited by wCat; 07-22-2008 at 11:53 AM..

Old 07-22-2008, 02:56 PM

222 posts, read 437,869 times
My question was how to prove to the authorities that I'm not some high strung citizen with an overactive imagination. With all of the problems we've had here in the past four or five years our encounters (with law enforcement)have been mixed and a lot of times we'd get someone on the phone who would give off that whole "put out" vibe. I wanted to be taken seriously when I called. The activity is not every night but it is frequent. I don't think it's anything huge but they are pushing something. I don't care how small it is, if someone's selling drugs near me I want it stopped. I have a family to look after, you know?

I'd like to say that nothing shocks me coming from these people anymore but every day they come up with something new. They still haven't gotten rid of the trash on the ground but to throw away MORE trash they hopped the fence into the neighbors yard (where there's a vacant home) and took their city provided trash can to put outside along with theirs. They BROKE the fence (the gate in the front) doing so. It wasn't even locked!

?????

They are NOT smart. Then when they saw that WE saw what they had done, they moved their trash OUT of the neighbors bin into their recycle bin, moved the neighbors trash can back into their yard (by trespassing of course) and put both the blue can and the brown can out together (today was recycle day, btw, not trash day or "recycle bin FULL of trash day" - obviously they dont know we dont have one of THOSE days!).

As dumb as they are I figure, I've reported it, they'll slip up and do SOMETHING stupid and get busted. Meanwhile I'm recording 24/7 and I'll just continue to call with any additional info as I see it. These guys are unbelievable.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:31 PM

777 posts, read 1,545,007 times
Your neighbors might not like it, but you could blow one of those airhorns each time one of these cars rolls up. Probably not a good idea though.

Anyway, I think before you had stated that you had been in contact with the SAFFE officer. If that iust correct, this is definitely the route to go. Like the guy buying dope at midnight, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

As to the issue of pot... I personally don;t care if folks smoke the doobage on their own time, but don't sell it or purchase it on my street.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 PM

830 posts, read 727,495 times
Default Nosy neighbor

I say mind your own business and quit poking your nose where it doesn't belong. There's nothing worse than the neighborhood busybody. If they are actually dealing drugs then what's it to you? I say live and let live. Marijuana's been decriminalized in Texas anyway as it was decades ago in California. If it bothers you to see cars come and go across the street at night then water your begonias during daylight hours like most normal people do. If they are doing something illicit the authorities will catch up with them eventually so don't worry about it.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,125,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I say mind your own business and quit poking your nose where it doesn't belong. There's nothing worse than the neighborhood busybody. If they are actually dealing drugs then what's it to you? I say live and let live. Marijuana's been decriminalized in Texas anyway as it was decades ago in California. If it bothers you to see cars come and go across the street at night then water your begonias during daylight hours like most normal people do. If they are doing something illicit the authorities will catch up with them eventually so don't worry about it.
Where on earth did you get the notion that marijuana has been decriminalized in California?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I'd probably go along with what you are suggesting, but the OP has some longstanding (and well documented here) issues with these folks. Check the other threads on the topic and maybe you might have a different view.

Maybe this should all be combined to a single thread, then people might appreciate the context. Otherwise, the OP comes acorss looking like Mrs. Kravitz, and that just wouldn't be KOOL!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 PM

155 posts, read 227,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post

As to the issue of pot... I personally don;t care if folks smoke the doobage on their own time, but don't sell it or purchase it on my street.
Ah, I see. A sordid blend of libertarianism and a "not in my backyard" attitude.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasWeatherman View Post
Ah, I see. A sordid blend of libertarianism and a "not in my backyard" attitude.
Correct.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:21 PM

155 posts, read 227,246 times
Quote:
The OP cares about the neighborhood. That's a trait that's beneficial to society. Smoking weed is a trait that's not beneficial to society. We really can't take your post seriously. You attack the OP for watering flowers in the early morning and attempt to defend the folks that are dealing. With your live, let live attitude, shouldn't folks have the right to water their flowers any time of the day?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:22 PM

2,519 posts, read 5,169,176 times
Quote:

It is her business if its on her street, so she is poking her nose where it belongs. An opinion is fine, but the lady only asked for info, not judgement on her situation. Just because marijuana can be used for some medicinal purposes doesnt mean its decriminalized. Especially in the sense that the OP is referring to, plus its only an assumption that the drug thats being pushed is just pot. I for one would do the same. If it is pot, then the neighbor better have a Pharmacy sign above his door and a Dr. Rx for handing out the $50 baggies, or whatever they cost now adays. The attitude that the authorities will catch up with criminals eventually and not to worry about it is what lets neighborhoods and everything else in America fall by the wayside. So yes, let the authorities know there is suspicious activity going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio