Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM

217 posts, read 668,900 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know how I can find out how much people have paid for my house over the years? I see on the bcad site the last three transactions. They give a volume number and page number. What document is this in reference to, and how do I find it?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 02:10 PM

529 posts, read 2,704,495 times
Go to the Bexar County Clerk site at Bexar County, Texas - County Clerk
You can look up all sorts of info that is in the court records. But Texas is a non disclosure state so you won't find how much the house sold for. You can look up loan documents and the loan amount will be shown. It won't show the down payment and if someone paid cash it won't show how much.
I believe if you search this forum for "landata" you might find my other post on this. It's a little more detailed.
volume and page # is how it is recorded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert123 View Post
Hi everybody,

Does anybody know how I can find out how much people have paid for my house over the years? I see on the bcad site the last three transactions. They give a volume number and page number. What document is this in reference to, and how do I find it?

Thanks!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:19 PM

217 posts, read 668,900 times
Thanks!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:30 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,300,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert123 View Post
Hi everybody,

Thanks!
IF you're lucky.....look for a "deed of trust", if there is one....that's the financing portion of the transaction. It will only tell you part of the story. It may show how much was "financed", but it will not disclose the full selling price. It's a very frustrating guessing game. Good luck with your hunt....

Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 PM

30 posts, read 130,663 times
you MIGHT be able to find out from Zillow......online

Old 07-29-2008, 07:25 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,800,038 times
I may be wrong, but dont realtors have access to old records of past sells also. Might check with some of them.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,519,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
I may be wrong, but dont realtors have access to old records of past sells also. Might check with some of them.
Yes, they do. But they use that information in CMA's. What would be their motivation to just "give" it to him?

Old 07-29-2008, 08:31 PM

529 posts, read 2,704,495 times
Since Texas is a non-disclosure state, Zillow will only report what is in the Bexar County Records - which will be the tax assessment - unless a homeowner takes the time to type in the info.
In other states that do disclose, Zillow will list the sale prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosaysthcow View Post
you MIGHT be able to find out from Zillow......online

Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,800,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Yes, they do. But they use that information in CMA's. What would be their motivation to just "give" it to him?
What would be the harm? His house, all he wants to know it for is his own info. why wouldnt they?

If nothing else, Ive got a couple realtor friends, they would do it for me. dont know why they wouldnt for him

Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,300,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
Since Texas is a non-disclosure state, Zillow will only report what is in the Bexar County Records - which will be the tax assessment - unless a homeowner takes the time to type in the info.
In other states that do disclose, Zillow will list the sale prices

Shenane....you beat me to it. Zillow is very inconsistent.....Definitely not a reliable source for actual value, let alone sales price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio