U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:29 AM

82 posts, read 279,433 times

Advertisements

I'm kind skittish about what's allowed, however, I'm in the Pei Wei minority. I LIKE the place, and look forward to my next yummy meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 06:52 AM

7,628 posts, read 14,336,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2begreen View Post
I'm kind skittish about what's allowed, however, I'm in the Pei Wei minority. I LIKE the place, and look forward to my next yummy meal.
I'm with you on that...always have enjoyed their food and find it a good value for what you get.

EVERYONE is raising their prices or keeping them the same and cutting back...it is all about the cost of doing business.

Some just raise their prices to reflect (and people whine like THEY are not paying more for gas to get to and from as well) or they do it by leaving the prices the same and just cutting back on serving. Case in point...ice cream, chips and other items that have been decreased by a few oz vs raising their prices. Consumers seem less likely to notice a change in the weight of the content vs the PRICE of the item.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:13 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,101,486 times
Nope, I felt the place was overpriced long before gas prices started to rise like they did. I don't disagree that the food is better than your average oriental restuarant; but I still think it was too expensive and since my wife loves the place, I've had to endure paying out the nose for it as it makes her happy. But me, I'd rather go get BBQ or a good burger...

Cheers! M2

Old 07-26-2008, 07:45 AM

You have to admit, better ingredents cost more but produce a better product.

It is quality vs quantity in this case. (except for dropping the miso soup from their menu...darn it all!)

Old 07-26-2008, 09:24 AM

99 posts, read 364,597 times
I have 2 words to say about Pei Wei: GLUTEN FREE!

For those of us who have Celiac Disease and must be on a gluten free diet (gluten is the binding agent in wheat) Pei Wei is a godsend!

Because wheat is in most soy sauces, it makes it impossible to eat Chinese food. But Pei Wei has a handful of gluten free choices.

Just try to eat out and avoid wheat...it's almost impossible. French fries are even a no-no because most are fried in the same oil used to fry wheat containing products!

And don't heave a sigh of relief that you don't have to do this because millions of Americans have gone undiagnosed. Doctors are just now getting the drift that CD is not a rare occurrence. About 1/115 Americans have it and just don't know it.

Because it's an autoimmune disease, it can cause a wide array of problems including: IBS (many people think this is what they have when the doc doesn't know about CD), lactose intolerance, joint pain, headaches, enamel problems on the teeth and much, much more.

So I have to give a special shout out to PEI WEI! They make my life a little better each time I get to go and have a yummy, gluten free meal!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:37 AM

Wow...I guess we all have a lot to be thankful for...when we whine about choices and prices, there are those that can't go out and eat anywhere they choose when they want.

Thanks for bringing us all back to center on this one!

Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM

1,241 posts, read 3,892,308 times
Ummmm... So... Does anyone know how to make Soba Miso. I know they use ****aki, Spinach and I think Wheat Noodles but as far as the sauce, I can't pin point it. Or at least another place in SA that has something similar. We wound up eating at Piccolo's last night. (Very Good)

Old 07-26-2008, 01:30 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,710,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I'm with you on that...always have enjoyed their food and find it a good value for what you get.

EVERYONE is raising their prices or keeping them the same and cutting back...it is all about the cost of doing business.

Some just raise their prices to reflect (and people whine like THEY are not paying more for gas to get to and from as well) or they do it by leaving the prices the same and just cutting back on serving. Case in point...ice cream, chips and other items that have been decreased by a few oz vs raising their prices. Consumers seem less likely to notice a change in the weight of the content vs the PRICE of the item.
I agree with this totally. I've seen it both ways....raised prices or less offerings. Hey...the cost of shipping is going off the charts with the prices of gas. I was shocked when I shipped a few things Parcel POST! That used to be the most economical way to ship things......UPS was off the charts!

Now...the question will be....with gas prices dropping will things go back to normal? I've heard they won't because retailers need to make up for bigger losses they couldn't pass on to consumers. Ouch again!

Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,710,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Ummmm... So... Does anyone know how to make Soba Miso. I know they use ****aki, Spinach and I think Wheat Noodles but as far as the sauce, I can't pin point it. Or at least another place in SA that has something similar. We wound up eating at Piccolo's last night. (Very Good)
Sorry SAG....don't know how to make it. You know....if you go back in as a patron, and tell them you are terribly disappointed they don't offer that dish anymore, they may give you the recipe. Talk to the manager and tell him/her that was the main reason you dined there. Some restaurants are happy to share recipes. I asked for the recipe for that awesome guacamole dip at Boudro's and they happily gave it to me! YUM!

Old 07-26-2008, 01:33 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,135,787 times
If I knew what *****aki is I might be able to help. I've gone through a lot of dirty words and put aki on the end, and still

What is ********aki?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio