U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:10 AM

4 posts, read 10,536 times

Advertisements

we are a large family and are looking for a new church, preferably near the sea world area, the church we came from was non denominational, and very upbeat, that is what we like, I would also like one that has good youth program, as we have 2 teens, and 3 small children. thnk you for any help! have a good weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 03:48 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,994,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjimenez5 View Post
we are a large family and are looking for a new church, preferably near the sea world area, the church we came from was non denominational, and very upbeat, that is what we like, I would also like one that has good youth program, as we have 2 teens, and 3 small children. thnk you for any help! have a good weekend!
John Hagee's church is in San Antonio.....Cornerstone Church. If I lived in San An that's where I would go.

BTW, been to San Antonio, and I love it. Especially the riverwalk.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:31 PM

446 posts, read 484,611 times
I can't really tell you what is don by the Sea World area regarding churches, but the Cornerstone Church is up ar Stone Oak and 1604 very near 281.

I go to Parkhills Baptist Church, just inside 1604 on 281. There are soo many churches in SA that you just need to get out and look. I know many people in churches up north of the Sea World area, but none down by Sea World. One family I know lives right by SW on 151 goes to a church off of 410 at NW military dr, I am blankng on the name right now...sorry.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:45 AM

5 posts, read 14,946 times
Default Try BRCC on Bandera

check out their website Bandera Road Community Church. www.brcc.net

great music (tweens should love it) it's Christian rock, very hip these days. our kids under 5 yrs old love it there.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:45 PM

314 posts, read 2,379,385 times
I've gone to many churches near Sea World, and I would recommend Bandera Road Community Church or Westover Hills Assembly of God. Both are fairly large upbeat churches with great youth programs.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:03 PM

125 posts, read 429,800 times
I attend Gateway Fellowship Church, Helotes, TX 78023 and I LOVE it. It is located at Bandera and 1604. The worship is definitely upbeat and our #1 priority is kids church. Check out our website for our mission and what we believe. I would love to have you visit us!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM

394 posts, read 1,376,023 times
Here's another suggestion for you: Oak Hills Church, here's the link to the website: Oak Hills Church | San Antonio, TX DH and I have attended several times (we are also newcomers to SA) and we were directed to this church by a friend of ours from our hometown of Louisville, KY. This is the home church of Max Lucado, Christian author. He pastored this church for many many years and only recently stepped down as Sr. Pastor. He will still be in the preaching rotation, however he has become in great demand for guest preaching + writing his books, so he simply needed to give up the Sr. Pastor position. We have heard the new pastor preach (Randy Frazee) and he is excellent!. The music and atmosphere is very upbeat. Although our children are adult children, we've noticed they have numerous programs and activities for children and teens etc.

We live not too far from Sea World in Alamo Ranch (1604 & Culebra) and the church is just a short 20 minute drive east on 1604 then north I-10 to the second exit (Camp Bullis Road).

Good luck in your search.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 PM

409 posts, read 1,425,111 times
We live in Alamo Ranch--Sea World are and drive to Cornerstone. Worth every mile! Have heard great things about the churches mentioned closer to 'us' also. You'll find the right one-believe! Welcome to SA!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,971,070 times
we go to BRCC --- we LOVE it --- as do the kids --- i would highly recommend checking it out...

Old 08-05-2008, 07:53 AM

64 posts, read 255,935 times
We go to CBC (Community Bible Church- San Antonio, TX). Off Redland and 1604. We live in Alamo Ranch and drive it every Saturday night. We absolutely love it and the pastor is the best! It is a large church and has many locations over SA that have services. We just like going to the acutal church for our daughter to attend the youth stuff. Worth every mile driven there and back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or