Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:34 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times

Advertisements

what about the Fox news anchor. the man. hes just so "not cool."
Moderator cut: inappropriate

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-29-2008 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: You DO NOT address a moderator within the forums. Per ToS, if you have questions/concerns, send a DM only!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 07:05 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,881,476 times
Gerry Grant was busted in the Red Roof Inn downtown. Not Olmos Park. He lived in Alamo Heights, maybe that's where the association with Olmos Park comes from, but it was in a hotel, between the 6 and 10 Pm news. he was on a break, nice break. that break broke his career.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:09 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,534 times
Hmm...Nancy Grace?? Does that count? Who watches "local" news anyway? I don't remember SA having much worthy news. I see the weather on TWC, and news on CNN. A car running into a house, or a couple shoplifting incidents aren't news. I know San Antonio has news on occasion, but the local media doesn't cover it well, and I can not stand seeing "made up news" aka: gossip, or something CNN would laugh at if you ask their opinion. Not trying to be too negative about the local news, it's just borring to me, and every single anchor I've seen on the local channels are amateur. City-Data is my local source for the news...lol. Anyway, since I only watch TXCN, National, or International News I'd have to say Nancy Grace is BY FAR the most annoying person on TV.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:37 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,486 times
I do not watch the local news either. Too much hype and drama.

I subscribe to the San Antonio Business Journal to get local news, I even cancelled the Express News...I cannot stand the way they report on events.

For national news, I watch Fox news and I think the most annoying person on TV is Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, he's a raving lunatic..sometimes I think his show could be mistaken for a skit on Saturday Night Live!

Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Gerry Grant was busted in the Red Roof Inn downtown.
Not that it really matters, but my recollection is that it was at a Comfort Inn near I-10 and Vance-Jackson. In any case, it wasn't in Olmos Park.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:51 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,553,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexan View Post
I think the most annoying person on TV is Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, he's a raving lunatic..sometimes I think his show could be mistaken for a skit on Saturday Night Live!

Actually, they did a pretty funny one, with Ben Affleck...

Old 07-28-2019, 10:05 PM

26 posts, read 33,621 times
THE most annoying ones are Stacia Wilson and Bill Taylor without a doubt. She's always standing in front of the graphics where you can't see them and says things like....as you can see..... and as you can see. Can't stand her. And Bill Taylor never got his meteorologist degree. Jared Silverman quit and moved to Louisiana with his wife and kids. I met him when he first started and he was super nice and friendly to talk to. I was doing a GreatDaySA segment and he was super friendly. Bill Taylor is never accurate and neither is Stacia and her laugh is the most annoying. I wish KENS would get rid of them both. The ones I really love are Kaiti Blake on KSAT. They should have made her the main meteorologist instead of Adam Caskey. The other two I love on WOAI are Jeanette Calle and Chris Suchan. Mike Hernandez is retiring this week as weekend, fill in meteorologist and Shioban Anders is never accurate either. The only bad thing about WOAI to me as far as general weather is they paid Accu-rate to be considered "the most accurate".

Old 07-29-2019, 10:54 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,693 times
Chris Duel is running a close 2nd.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:22 AM

814 posts, read 675,651 times
I'm glad Kaiti quit wearing the black lipstick. That was weird.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:07 PM

56 posts, read 52,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip0WEB View Post
THE most annoying ones are Stacia Wilson and Bill Taylor without a doubt. She's always standing in front of the graphics where you can't see them and says things like....as you can see..... and as you can see. Can't stand her. And Bill Taylor never got his meteorologist degree. Jared Silverman quit and moved to Louisiana with his wife and kids. I met him when he first started and he was super nice and friendly to talk to. I was doing a GreatDaySA segment and he was super friendly. Bill Taylor is never accurate and neither is Stacia and her laugh is the most annoying. I wish KENS would get rid of them both. The ones I really love are Kaiti Blake on KSAT. They should have made her the main meteorologist instead of Adam Caskey. The other two I love on WOAI are Jeanette Calle and Chris Suchan. Mike Hernandez is retiring this week as weekend, fill in meteorologist and Shioban Anders is never accurate either. The only bad thing about WOAI to me as far as general weather is they paid Accu-rate to be considered "the most accurate".
I was holding my tongue until now about KENS5 management letting Stacia do the weather, while Jeremy was available but doing nothing. I assume she did a correspondence course from Mississippi State's meteorology school? She got a Journalism degree from UT-Austin so she's not a complete bimbo, but doesn't seem to have much of a science background that you'd want in someone doing the weather. Once she had to report about a bright planet in the night sky, and she acted like it would only be there one day.

When they broadcast a segment of goodbyes from Jared's co-workers on his final day, she was conspicuously missing. (So was Paul M, but maybe he was gone that week?)

Otherwise I think all 4 local channels have decent weather teams, goofballs Bill & Adam aside. The KSAT12 team pulled way ahead of KENS5 in the past year IMO. YMMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio