U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,128,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
Maybe off topic, but does anyone else think they should all condense their weather segments?
Often, particularly on weekends, the only reason I'm watching the news is to see the weather segment. So I'd like more of it, not less.

Sports could be eliminated most of the time for me. I have zero interest in UT, A&M, NASCAR and the Cowboys, and I don't pay attention to the Spurs until after March Madness.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 PM

436 posts, read 1,441,849 times
so, if I get this right, you are telling me *not* to watch channel 5 when I roll into town next month, lol? what station would you recommend?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 PM

778 posts, read 2,218,080 times
Call me a creep but I love KENS 5 and I especially like the fact that Chris Marrou adds in his snide, purely opinionated remarks at will. I enjoy most of their talent including Joe Reinagel and Bill Taylor. And Vicki Buffalino - bite your tongues you Buffalino haters!

Of course, Sarah Lucero is both beautiful and talanted and ditto for Deborah Knapp.

I will have to go along with the crowd who dislike the Great Day SA chick. I'm sorry, her human interest reports on the 5 o'clock news were cute becasue they usually lasted about two minutes. A full half hour plus constant commercials is a bit much.

I also think that Friday Dance thing with the morning weather guy should end.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 PM

95 posts, read 381,540 times
We've only been here about a month now. We love SA, but I must say the local news has been a disappointment. Last week during the nasty weather was when the locals really got put to the test (in my book). The ABC affiliate definitely had the best coverage, but I'm not sold on any of them yet. This KENS 5 is really, really hard to watch. I've seen much better in smaller markets. I think there is vast room for improvement... maybe they will!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:07 PM

337 posts, read 1,286,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Call me a creep but I love KENS 5 and I especially like the fact that Chris Marrou adds in his snide, purely opinionated remarks at will. I enjoy most of their talent including Joe Reinagel and Bill Taylor. And Vicki Buffalino - bite your tongues you Buffalino haters!

Of course, Sarah Lucero is both beautiful and talanted and ditto for Deborah Knapp.

I will have to go along with the crowd who dislike the Great Day SA chick. I'm sorry, her human interest reports on the 5 o'clock news were cute becasue they usually lasted about two minutes. A full half hour plus constant commercials is a bit much.

I also think that Friday Dance thing with the morning weather guy should end.
I am sooo totally WITH you on this one! I love Marrou's comments...makes the otherwise dull and dreary news a lot more entertaining for me! Have to say...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Ms. Thang from GDSA disappeared. I agree with an earlier poster that she really just comes off looking trashy and her "style" is more 'gossip from da hood', than it is professional talk show host. (However, the gal who was hosting this show previously, Kristina something?, wasn't much better) Okay...and Paul's gotta stop it with the Friday Morning Dance....talk about being full of yourself! And Jared....well, Jared does seem to be talking down to us, doesn't he?

BTW....has anyone managed to catch either Kristina or Megan in their new digs on EXTRA (nightime hollywood gossip show)?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:08 PM

82 posts, read 279,479 times
Default dishin the dirt

Randy Beamer used be very professional, till the station was bought out and he was told to lose his mustache along with his integrity. The Daily Show is still great for news, however, locally not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSpark View Post
News 4 WOAI always goes for the "dirt"...even if they have to exaggerate stories to make it more appealing to the viewers...they actively go out and look for sensational stories.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:23 PM

898 posts, read 2,553,574 times
This is a funny thread..LOL
I guess Chris Maruu feels he can say what he wants because he's been there since the 1800's. and every time I see KENS news why do I always think of that Will Ferrel movie "Anchorman"..lol
as for the weather guy on KSAT, I could care less about his dumb garden. also, that cop that gives you the morning traffic report on KSAT, he looks like he's gonna bust through that uniform. look and see how tight that belt looks on him. as for good day sa on ksat, I stopped watching that when the love of my life Kristina Guerrero left.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:52 AM

504 posts, read 1,303,246 times
change the channel

Old 07-30-2008, 07:02 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,177,567 times
For those that haven't lived here a long time. Chris Marrou has been on TV as far back as most people can remember. His little commentaries have gotten out of hand the past few years.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...ou#post2297699

Old 07-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,128,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
change the channel
Seriously... for all of the gripes people have about the talent at KENS 5, you'd never guess that the station is #1 in the ratings for most of these shows that people are griping about. Are the viewers who are watching not here or are some of us watching because of the people we're griping about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or