U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 PM

10 posts, read 13,606 times

Advertisements

Class of 87 here . Some shots of the the movie Johnny Be Good were filmed in the Jefferson Boys gym as well as Alamo Heights in 87. It was a bit of Hollywood right in our parking lot! Literally, they had movie star trailers in the parking lot by the tennis courts. They used students as fillers for the basketball game shots in the movie. It is fun to watch the movie and see people you know in the background. Anthony Michael Hall and future Iron Man/ Sherlock Holmes , Robert Downey Jr, were total jerks and made no effort to reach out to the students or teachers. The movie bombed at the boxoffice and Mr Downey went to rehab. The roadies on the other hand were very friendly and always had a whistle ready for the campus cuties. Good times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 PM

409 posts, read 843,484 times
No but I know George Jefferson passed away.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:37 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,891,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
I know Mr. Gregory. He was a vice principle. I can't go anywhere with him that people will run up to him smiling and say "Mr. Gregory....wonderful to see you." He is always happy to see them and smiles and asks about thier life. Afterwards when I ask who that was, he always says..don't know...it's a student. He doesn't remember names...all the time...but he tells some wonderful stories.

So Mr. Gregory is still alive? Would love to see him!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 AM

3 posts, read 3,991 times
Mr Gregory was the sponsor of the Senate; my brother was president of the Senate, class of 59; my sister was a Skelton, class of '62 and I was a Shakespeare, but moved before graduating with my class of '68.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 361 times
Default TJHS "High School" movie information (from TJHS.History)

TJHS Class of 1967. The real story of "High School":
In 1938-1939, Twentieth Century Fox filmed “High School”, starring Jane Withers, with much of the filming on the TJHS campus.
The storyline is about a Texas country tomboy joining the famous Lasso Roping Team. “High School” was released in January 1940 and re-released in 1941 as “Texas Girl”. It was not a second filming at Jefferson.
In 1988, however, “Johnny Be Good”, starring Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Downey, Jr. was filmed in and around our campus as well as other San Antonio area high school campuses and general city areas.
There were other short films (newsreels) that were shot on the TJHS campus, but these were not full-length “feature” movies. More on those numerous newsreels and “Johnny Be Good”, later.

What you didn’t know about the movie “High School” was that it was also released in June 1940 in Mexico and in Brazil, entitled: “Travesuras Colegiales” (“Schoolgirl Antics”), dubbed in Spanish, and “Travessuras de Alta Escola” (“High School Mischief”), dubbed in Portuguese, respectively.

Please visit my Facebook Page: (TJHS.History) for more about the Lassos in the movie and History of TJHS that you never knew.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 361 times
Default Mr Lionel Gregory - 2017 Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
So Mr. Gregory is still alive? Would love to see him!
YES! Mr Lionel Gregory is still attending TJHS Class Reunions, as of March 2017. He is a healthy 90 year-old Mustang faculty member.

I interviewed him (March 2017) and completed my biography of Mr Gregory on my facebook page: TJHS.History.

Please visit... You don't need to be a Facebook user, nor download any "apps to view the TJHS.History page on facebook.
I am TJHS Class of 1967
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio