U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,527 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to SA soon and I would like as much information on areas,schools and culture as possible.I came to SA 5 yrs ago TDY for about 30 days and I stayed on the Southside of SA.I didn't get out much do to training but I notice a lot of the locals didn't seem friendly.I live in a multi-cultural military community now and I have a 6yr old.I would like a predominatly military community that is multi-cultural.Please don't suggest converse because I heard terrible things about the elementary school.I heard the staff was really snobby and that won't work for my child.I would a area and school that is diverse,has hands on and is military and family friendly.I am a single mother so I would also like an area that won't discriminate against me for that,kid friendly and laid back.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:07 AM

284 posts, read 940,884 times
I'm sorry you had a bad experience in San Antonio five years ago, Toochay. People usually find us to be pretty friendly.

I've posted before about how much I like the NE. I live in the Longs Creek Elementary area. I have had at least one child at the school since 1999 and have been very happy with it. The cultural makeup of the surrounding neighborhoods pretty well mirrors that of the city. It's not predominantly military, but we have many families with ties to Ft. Sam and Randolph. There are no apartments that feed into the school, but homes start around the low 100s and there are opportunities for renting. I can give you names of specific subdivisions if you are interested.

We are conveniently close to 1604, 35 and 281 and not too far from 410.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio