U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,842,043 times

Advertisements

Wow! This turned from a "close encounters" thread to a "who has the most trash about celebrities" thread.

I came across Tommy Lee Jones and Bruce Bowen at an office where I used to work. We were told, in advance of Mr. Jones' numerous visits, that we were not to look at him, speak to him unless he spoke to us first, and most certainly not, under any circumstance, ask for an autograph. It was clear that he valued his privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 PM

114,159 posts, read 53,985,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Wow! This turned from a "close encounters" thread to a "who has the most trash about celebrities" thread.

I came across Tommy Lee Jones and Bruce Bowen at an office where I used to work. We were told, in advance of Mr. Jones' numerous visits, that we were not to look at him, speak to him unless he spoke to us first, and most certainly not, under any circumstance, ask for an autograph. It was clear that he valued his privacy.
Whut ? No not Tommy! I'd a said "fire me" I'm talkin' to him.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,709,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
my friend works for the spurs organization. he/we have some stories about eva and the other wives/gf's of players. lets just say she is trashy
Trashy? define trashy. Amy Whinehouse is trashy and baked. Britney Spears is trashy. Lindsay Lohan is bonkers and trashy. And where does Eva fall in? As long as she not a player, then she's Tony's hot trash!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 PM

121 posts, read 440,149 times
I worked through college as a security guard. I met many of the spurs in the early 90's. David Robinson and Sean Elliott are the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. Coach Pop is also pretty nice.

Sonny Melendrez is a nice guy on his good days.

Patsy Torres? Well, not so much. We just stayed out of her way.

And Vinny Del Negro had the biggest ego and celebrity complex I had ever seen.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 PM

114,159 posts, read 53,985,160 times
I'd expect David and Sean to be nice guys. Vinny Del Negro's head probably inflated another couple sizes lately. Didn't he get a coaching job?

Old 08-17-2014, 10:39 PM

9 posts, read 8,536 times
Does anyone have any updates on Sightings?

Old 08-18-2014, 09:35 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,317,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I'd expect David and Sean to be nice guys. Vinny Del Negro's head probably inflated another couple sizes lately. Didn't he get a coaching job?
I have a little Vinny story. Back in the day when the Spurs practiced at UIW in our convocation center, I was a student. I was backing up out of my spot, he was hauling a$$ and wailed his horn at me in his fancy Cadillac Escalade. Gave me a dirty look when I pulled back in LOL. What a douc&e.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or