Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:40 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times

Advertisements

I dont think the guy will ever recover from his injuries. They were pretty severe. Sending a disabled person who cant take care of themselves to jail is impractical. The guy did deserve jail time, but what hes got, the injuries, are also a big lesson.
Many people dont learn their lesson until they loose it all. And because of his injuries, I dont think he will EVER be the same again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 09:42 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Well there is justice for you....72 hours in the slammer and probabition for 2 yrs...along with some chump change.

Tejano singer Emilio pleads guilty to DWI charge | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Well there is justice for you....72 hours in the slammer and probabition for 2 yrs...along with some chump change.

We should have made the lunch bet that he would only serve 72 hours!!

Thats OK, we don't need no stinking drunk to have lunch! Just maybe warmer weather.....

Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM

452 posts, read 1,027,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

I'm appalled! I cannot believe that all he got for ruining other people's lives was only two years probation...TWO effing years! Disgusting!

Old 03-13-2009, 03:52 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
and that's why nobody in this city worries about getting a DUI... absolutely repulsive and to the point of where citizens need to take control since the justice system is obviously completely broken.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:37 PM

Oh, well not to worry, the report on WOAI said that "he is not allowed to drive during this two year probation"...don't I feel safer out there on the streets! Geeeeesh!!!

Your right RD...and the worse part is when you DO get a DUI you don't have to worry about making those pesky monthly car insurance payments cause you are "ordered" not to drive anyway, right???

No wonder we have the number of uninsured we do here....

Old 03-13-2009, 05:49 PM

OK...this REALLY frosts my you know what....but after this, I am done with the entire thing before my blood pressure rockets.....

So the latest statement from the SA courthouse office here states:

County Court at Law No. 2 Judge Paul Canales learned of the Navaira plea deal on Friday afternoon.

"I'll have to let my prosecutors know and maybe let the defense attorney know. I know the prosecution here was waiting to see what was going to happen over there," said Canales. "We'll see what the prosecutors want to do with it."

Canales tried to explain why it's taken so long for the pending Bexar County DWI charge against Navaira to be resolved.

"Once he had that (potential felony case) over there, everything kind of stops when there's a felony. Because if the guy is going to go to prison, this misdemeanor goes away or gets plead along with it or he does time for it or it gets dismissed," said Canales. It was my impression that it was a felony, and that's what we've been waiting on. I'll certainly try to expedite it since it is such an old case here. I'd like to get it over with as fast as possible."

So let me see, these are FELONY CHARGES....and the guy pleads GUILTY, but gets charged with a misdemeanor?????? Why am I the ONLY one that feels this would not be the case if it had been one of us driving???

Any bets on the outcome of the charges here in SA if this is all he gets in Harris county????

Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
"In San Antonio, the reaction was “Thank God,” said Navaira spokesman Joe Casias. “In the long run, he becomes a better person because of this. It's a big sense of relief.”
OK, I want to know, who, said that??? come on, a show of hands, which of you,: dubious::th ink:
Which San Antonio is he referring to? Which San Antonians?
Please, somebody help me here.

And the Felony comes next for the one here in San Antonio, Texas, I don't know which San Antonio the spokesman was referring to. He got convicted of the one in 2000, now this one, makes 2, 3rd one is an automatic Felony, (if convicted). The ADA here has been dragging their feet for 4 years tho, to upgrade the indictment from misdemeanor to felony, that will probably take another 4 years.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:28 PM

If it had been me or you, we would have had to sell our house to hire the lawyers to defend us, and probably would have lost our jobs and savings to boot. But hey, we are not big tejano stars, just average, hard working Joes who would have NEVER gotten this kind of "sympathy".

Old 03-14-2009, 01:22 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
Yeah, the "evidence" against him here is probably real speculative now. and by the time he goes to court, the Officer won't show up, the breathalizer will be misplaced, or tainted. I think thats why they let the Houston one go first. They knew it was a slam dunk, if he would have 2 misdemeanors on his record first, then the felony would be automatic, have to do jail time. I hope Mr. Carlos Guerra of the SA News is taking notes on how to extend the system until you kill someone before you are actually convicted of DUI. Anybody heard if his has been arraigned and when if ever, his will go to court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio