U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:43 PM

46 posts, read 164,511 times

Advertisements

So whatever happened to him? Any charges get pressed? His BAC was .19! Did they just let him off the hook?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 12:53 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,159,617 times
I think they are letting him "recover" from all of his injuries. I hope he doesn't get off scot-free. I'm sure there are some BBQ benefits going on to help him pay for everything from medical bills to lawyer's fees.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:04 PM

46 posts, read 164,511 times
recover from his injuries? must be one hell of a hangover lol
and I cannot believe people actually feel sorry for him.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:52 PM

504 posts, read 1,303,839 times
i think they should give him the standard fee and he pay their injuries. otherwise what are these bandmembers going to do for a job if he fully recovers? do you think those scrubs stand a chance in any other nationally touring bands anytime soon?

Old 08-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
i think they should give him the standard fee and he pay their injuries. otherwise what are these bandmembers going to do for a job if he fully recovers? do you think those scrubs stand a chance in any other nationally touring bands anytime soon?
Um........what? I am totally missing what you are saying here.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 PM

345 posts, read 1,386,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveblue View Post
recover from his injuries? must be one hell of a hangover lol
and I cannot believe people actually feel sorry for him.
Obviously you haven't kept up with the story! His injuries were critical, even thought he wouldn't live initially. He's been in a coma, had a couple of surgeries and is now in a physical rehab trying to relearn motor skills. I do believe if he subtantially recovers from his injuries that he should have to pay the price for driving drunk.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 PM

504 posts, read 1,303,839 times
yeah, which is the standard DWI fees and pay some restitution to his employees. nothing else. no jail time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaCo Mom View Post
Obviously you haven't kept up with the story! His injuries were critical, even thought he wouldn't live initially. He's been in a coma, had a couple of surgeries and is now in a physical rehab trying to relearn motor skills. I do believe if he subtantially recovers from his injuries that he should have to pay the price for driving drunk.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:08 PM

I feel that he deserves some jail time. This is not his first offense. He had no business driving that big bus sober, let alone drunk. And no, his injuries are not enough punishment. The only reason he's injured is because he chose to drive drunk. I can conjure up zero sympathy for the guy.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,846,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I feel that he deserves some jail time. This is not his first offense. He had no business driving that big bus sober, let alone drunk. And no, his injuries are not enough punishment. The only reason he's injured is because he chose to drive drunk. I can conjure up zero sympathy for the guy.
I'm with you on this, Sapphire. If he had learned anything from his last "mistake," he wouldn't have been driving drunk. He should get prison time for vehicular assault, as far as I'm concerned. He not only caused injuries to himself, but to his bandmates, as well. Anyone who is contributing to any fundraisers to pay for his medical costs is a moron, IMO.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM

3,471 posts, read 17,231,287 times
He should be made the poster boy for drunk drivers. He has ruined his carreer and the other band members as well. He has no insurance and probably will never recover from the serious head injury. I have no sympathy for him, the other band members yes. Except, who let him get behind the wheel? There are alot of unanswered questions. People need to see what happens with multiple DWI (even one) and how it can and will ruin your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio