U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
5,714 posts, read 8,565,041 times
Reputation: 14064
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Remember the little round box of peanuts for a nickel? You could find a coin inside!!

YES!!! They were red tubes with a milk cap type of folded paper cap ontop!!! LOVED them...always trying to find my fortune for a nickle...

I think it was BIZ detergent that had washclothes, and drinking glasses inside them....

speaking of those candy necklaces made me think of those hot pink "lipstick" candies with gold wrapping paper that you would buy and lick and apply your "lipstick"....and hula hoops, water wiggles, slip n slides and those GREAT aluminum neon color glasses you would drink your ice tea from sitting outside on the lawn chairs!!!! Those WERE the days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,031 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
YES!!! They were red tubes with a milk cap type of folded paper cap ontop!!! LOVED them...always trying to find my fortune for a nickle...

I think it was BIZ detergent that had washclothes, and drinking glasses inside them....

speaking of those candy necklaces made me think of those hot pink "lipstick" candies with gold wrapping paper that you would buy and lick and apply your "lipstick"....and hula hoops, water wiggles, slip n slides and those GREAT aluminum neon color glasses you would drink your ice tea from sitting outside on the lawn chairs!!!! Those WERE the days!
That's the ones. There were probably several detergent companies that did the gimmick in the box thing. Those lipstick candies were good and unusual tasting. The aluminum glasses must have been widespread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
 
141 posts, read 321,061 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Remember Commander KO?
oh man, i totally had a massive crush on her...lol big hair and all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Smalltown, USA
3,105 posts, read 6,059,800 times
Reputation: 1982
Is Mission drive in still open????

I remember going there, hiding under a blanket in the back seat . mom made bags of popcorn to take with us. Played on the swing sets before the movie and I LOVED, LOVED the cartoons before the movie about the concession stand. I loved it when the hotdog jumped into the bun, hahaha .

Don't tell me they still do this . If they do, I sooooo have to take my kids.

Oh yea, and my dad watching the "other" movie going on the screen behind us .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,031 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133198
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Is Mission drive in still open????

I remember going there, hiding under a blanket in the back seat . mom made bags of popcorn to take with us. Played on the swing sets before the movie and I LOVED, LOVED the cartoons before the movie about the concession stand. I loved it when the hotdog jumped into the bun, hahaha .

Don't tell me they still do this . If they do, I sooooo have to take my kids.

Oh yea, and my dad watching the "other" movie going on the screen behind us .
No, sadly the Mission Drive in is dead. Vandalized by the gangie types to the tune of hundreds of thousands in damages. The owners threw in the towel. The City has purchased the property and will build some sort of library there. What a pity!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 05:09 AM
 
32 posts, read 63,757 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
You forgot one . Mr Cola was just as good as Coca Cola and was cheaper!!


another you forgot...what bout the HIPPO SODA'S
the boozoka gum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 05:11 AM
 
32 posts, read 63,757 times
Reputation: 14
Are you sure about the Mission Drivein? i thought they reopened it ...or was under construction to reopen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 08:35 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
2,398 posts, read 4,215,996 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Mmmmmm....Mr. Cola! Oooohhh...remember Hippo sodas?



You'd be surprised at what else girls do! *lol* I remember the Nehi handles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltexas36 View Post
another you forgot...what bout the HIPPO SODA'S
the boozoka gum...
Hippo sodas were a couple pages back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 11:16 AM
 
4,794 posts, read 9,820,693 times
Reputation: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltexas36 View Post
Are you sure about the Mission Drivein? i thought they reopened it ...or was under construction to reopen
I was by their a couple of weeks ago and it looked pretty deserted and abandoned. No signs of tearing it down, but no signs of rebuilding either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 AM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,031 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133198
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltexas36 View Post
Are you sure about the Mission Drivein? i thought they reopened it ...or was under construction to reopen

All true at one time. But, It's really "dead" this time! Thanks to a few malicious punks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top