Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I would get my neck scrubbed raw! *lol*

No, you weren't supposed to lick 'em when you wore them, but how was I supposed to stop SWEATING all over 'em while I was running around outside? *lol*
Girls sweat too?? What about the sawdust on the floors. The screen doors with the chrome handle with Nehi on it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 10,583 times
omg yes! My poor grandmother. If she was still alive, she would be lost having to pump her own gas. She always had "full service".

I grew up in the Cresthaven area of San Antonio, and could go crazy with "remember when's".

Remember Karem's Mexican Food? I remember going to the wrestling matches and eating hotdogs. I remember my parents' taking us to watch donkey baseball.

You name it, I pretty much remember it! San Pedro Drive In, Varsity Drive In, Teen Canteen, Captain Gus, ..... just bounching around now!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetwiggy View Post
omg yes! My poor grandmother. If she was still alive, she would be lost having to pump her own gas. She always had "full service".

I grew up in the Cresthaven area of San Antonio, and could go crazy with "remember when's".

Remember Karem's Mexican Food? I remember going to the wrestling matches and eating hotdogs. I remember my parents' taking us to watch donkey baseball.

You name it, I pretty much remember it! San Pedro Drive In, Varsity Drive In, Teen Canteen, Captain Gus, ..... just bounching around now!
Keep bouncing!!!! Twig! Jim's Frontier in front of the Varsity Drive in!!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 PM

898 posts, read 2,895,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
...Jay's Boys Basketball team won state with buzzer beating, double clutching, half court shot!
YES!!!! I still have the newspaper with that on the front page I went to Jay, so that was a special day. one of the news stations list that shot as one of the greatest san antonio sports moments.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Oh, yeah! SHOCK! I do remember that! I also remember Abbott and Costello and Charlie Chan movies on Saturday afternoons.

Hey, that boat looked real on TV. Don't hate!

I remember going with my Brownie troop and being on Captn Gus! LOL!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM

And you know, Jim's Frontier hamburgers do not taste the same as they did back in the early 70's. We would get the cheeseburger combo's - burger, salad (they had the best Thousand Island dressing!), and good old ice tea!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Ohhhh..... remember Colonial Cake Co.? Those little chocolate cakes with the white icing inside! Ymmm!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
You forgot one . Mr Cola was just as good as Coca Cola and was cheaper!!
Mmmmmm....Mr. Cola! Oooohhh...remember Hippo sodas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Girls sweat too?? What about the sawdust on the floors. The screen doors with the chrome handle with Nehi on it!
You'd be surprised at what else girls do! *lol* I remember the Nehi handles!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Mmmmmm....Mr. Cola! Oooohhh...remember Hippo sodas?

You'd be surprised at what else girls do! *lol* I remember the Nehi handles!
I was gonna mention Hippo sodas!! Yummy! Barq's! Remember Squirt, Pomac and Shastas???

No I wouldn't!!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 AM

604 posts, read 1,530,622 times
Quote:
When you could buy a small bottle of milk at school for 3 cents...chocolate milk was a nickel...

When candy necklaces would turn your neck different colors, if you wore it while playing outside all day... *lol*

When no one had to force you to go play outside...
So true! we always tell our kids the old " when we were kids, we used to play outside for hours!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio