Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:19 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,989,621 times

Advertisements

PopupGizmos

Just FYI ing for all you pop up people!!

hehehehhehehhe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,135,904 times
Thanks Camper 1. We saw these last week when we were camping on the Frio, I was wondering what they were for.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,440 times
I was wondering about those. I think I've convinced the wife to upgrade tho. ANNNND I have a great idea for a site, but I haven't had time to work on it...

Old 08-14-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I was wondering about those. I think I've convinced the wife to upgrade tho. ANNNND I have a great idea for a site, but I haven't had time to work on it...
A different trailer already??!! We used ours twice ( decided we LOVED camping) and then traded for a hybred. Your on your way!! I see manny campers in your future!

Tell me about the site!!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:06 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,204,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
A different trailer already??!! We used ours twice ( decided we LOVED camping) and then traded for a hybred. Your on your way!! I see manny campers in your future!

Tell me about the site!!
HAHA, yes sooooo true!! We went from a 26' to a 32' w/slide.
We are camping this weekend in the pasture, time to pen up the cows .

Yes, tell me about the site!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:10 AM

Tell us, tell us, tell us...... ha ha ha

Old 08-14-2008, 07:13 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,135,904 times
Inquiring minds really want to know!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM

40 posts, read 260,696 times
We have the solar covers on our Fleetwood Evolution and they are fabulous! They really help with the cooling of our popup as well as early morning light. I would highly recommend them to all you popup owners.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:05 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,440 times
Hahaha! Well the biggest problem we had with the pop-up was during the last vacation. We drove, and had 2-3 stops in 2-3 days, and had to set that thing up and tear it down, etc every time. Gets pretty old for dad!!! (ME!)

The camper we have has a leaky corner too. I don't really have time to work on it, but it's one of those things that needs to get fixed. It's not in perfect shape, but it's fine! I'd like to get one that we can set everything up in without having to move boxes around, make sure stuff fits under the folding sink, etc.

Also, the canvas on ours had been replaced by the previous owners at some point, and doesn't fit well. And it leaks sometimes too. So a tarp or solar shield may be a good thing! Although, it's one more thing to set up.

And a hint: the site is about pop-ups, but I may expand it to other things. I have to make sure I have a good layout first before I make it live...

Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Hahaha! Well the biggest problem we had with the pop-up was during the last vacation. We drove, and had 2-3 stops in 2-3 days, and had to set that thing up and tear it down, etc every time. Gets pretty old for dad!!! (ME!)

The camper we have has a leaky corner too. I don't really have time to work on it, but it's one of those things that needs to get fixed. It's not in perfect shape, but it's fine! I'd like to get one that we can set everything up in without having to move boxes around, make sure stuff fits under the folding sink, etc.

Also, the canvas on ours had been replaced by the previous owners at some point, and doesn't fit well. And it leaks sometimes too. So a tarp or solar shield may be a good thing! Although, it's one more thing to set up.

And a hint: the site is about pop-ups, but I may expand it to other things. I have to make sure I have a good layout first before I make it live...
I will be watching for your site!!) Good luck on your search for the perfect trailer. I think I finally found the one thats perfect for us, but I had to go thru a few first. You think you want / need this and that, room for everything... it doesn't matter how big or small you go, you still wind up moving stuff round once you get there.

I soooo know what your talking about with the set up and brake down on pop ups. That was the problem with us, I would throw my back out trying to help and was more trouble than I was worth ( as it was so politely put one trip!! ) I love to watch people set them up that have been doing it for a long time. It's like music, they just do it with no effort at all.

Another hint for pop ups and the condensation that builds up between the canvas and the beds. I took a cheap foam egg crate mattress topper from the dollar store and cut it into strips. Poke it in along side of the mattress all the way around. It helped keep the cold out and kept the canvas from sweating. Your sheets wont get wet. Tried and true, I swear!

one last word... bunks, bunks, bunks... great storage and fun for the kids.

can you give us one more hint on your site??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio