U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-30-2007, 03:52 PM

9 posts, read 35,387 times
Default Info re Riverchase?

Has anyone purchased and/or built in Riverchase development in New Braunfels? We are considering moving from Temecula, CA to NB, and are wide open as to where to built. We need one home and a small guest house. I've heard that new construction takes from 6 mos to a year for a home to be built. Does that sound right? We're planning on building approx 2000 sq ft home. Any feedback would be great. We can't wait to start our new life in TX - have tons of family there and love it. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 09:42 PM

9 posts, read 25,651 times
Yes, we bought three one acre lots in River Chase Unit 9 last year. We love it! We looked at property all over the Hill Country and decided that River Chase is just the right combination of "Hill Country" feel and yet very convenient to New Braunfels and San Antonio. We have lots of big oak and elm trees. Also, the community park on the Guadalupe River is beautiful. We plan to build a house there when we retire in about ten years, but I'm tempted to get a job in SA so we can do it sooner. In the meantime we enjoy going over there and working our land - clearing, cutting up the downed branches, etc. Anyway, I'd recommend a visit to check it out. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM

8,402 posts, read 10,324,745 times
We are making a trip over in May to see San Antonio. We want to build our retirement house and are interested in the "Hill Country". Can you tell me what the deed restrictions are in Riverchase, how much the lots are and the HOA fees would be as well? Is there a particular size home you need to build?
Many thanks. Oh, where would you recommend eating great steak at in San Antonio. Thanks again, can't wait to visit.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:35 AM

9 posts, read 25,651 times
In my opinion the deed restrictions and HOA fees are very reasonable. The best way to get the details is to call the office. You can get the phone number from their website, http://riverchasetx.com/. From the website I see that they will soon be opening the final phase. Give them a call, they're very friendly people.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We are making a trip over in May to see San Antonio. We want to build our retirement house and are interested in the "Hill Country". Can you tell me what the deed restrictions are in Riverchase, how much the lots are and the HOA fees would be as well? Is there a particular size home you need to build?
Many thanks. Oh, where would you recommend eating great steak at in San Antonio. Thanks again, can't wait to visit.

HOA = $175
Deed Restrictions could be consider restrictive although the lots tend to be large leaving a lot of independence. I am sure there is a handful of individuals that have been assigned to monitor closely things related to your property and send out those suggestive letters (little stressful hints) as has become common in almost any managed comunity. Signifent easement requirements on sides of lot may make a little diffucult to locate a home especially on those narrow lots found at the end of cult. or curved roads sections. When you view a lot make sure you understand where the additional easments may impact your land. All dwellings must be 1800 sq.ft. for single story and 2000 for two story. If guest/servants house is built it must be between 500 and 1000 sq.ft. and is built after main dwelling is complete. A barn can be placed on the property ahead of main as long as it is on the rear half of property, out of site of any road. All construction must be approved by Architectural Control Committee. All must have at least a two car garage using same general construction as main with a side or rear entrence. Buildings must be maintain 40' from property sides and 75' from rear and front but these may be waived for the Committee. Must have a Class 1 Aerobic Septic tank system etc. Lots already have water, electricity and probably communications.
This is my intepertation of what I believe I understand about some of the restrictions, etc.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnqueen View Post
Has anyone purchased and/or built in Riverchase development in New Braunfels? We are considering moving from Temecula, CA to NB, and are wide open as to where to built. We need one home and a small guest house. I've heard that new construction takes from 6 mos to a year for a home to be built. Does that sound right? We're planning on building approx 2000 sq ft home. Any feedback would be great. We can't wait to start our new life in TX - have tons of family there and love it. Thanks!
we own a lot and love it but are having a ton of trouble with acc, the chairman is rude and condescending. he says one thing and does another. we were so excited to start building and now have wasted 2 months with this committee and still haven't broken ground. the excitement is replaced by sadness. we are only asking for things that are in the ccr's but they ask tell us we can't do things with no back up from the ccr's . they want us to build a 1200 sq ft garage for our rv, we need 2000 sq ft. there are no restrictions to size in the ccr's so how can they do that?? we will probably sell the property and try to start over elsewhere. the southland property salespeople lied to us about what we could and couldn't do.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:55 AM

61 posts, read 247,593 times
Default have you checked out Eden Ranch?

We just bought 6 acres in Eden Ranch it has no restrictions with the exception of trailers. The lots are all 5 acres at least and can never be sub-divided. We bought to retire on and only have one child left at home. Riverchase was our first consideration however, for us, after all the restrictions were thought through Eden Ranch was a better fit. My sis and her DH have lived there for almost 10 years and they love it. It is only about 2 miles up the road off of Purgatory. It really all depends if you want that neighborhood type feel or the country type feel with everything close! Good luck with your hunt! We cannot WAIT to get there!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 8,270 times
Default CA moving to TX

Mqueen - I currently live in Carlsbad CA, purchased a couple of lots in River Chase 4 years ago and am now working with a builder drafting plans on building. I am not yet at the stage of the other homeowner who is having problems with the Arch Comm. but will be there in a couple of months.

Four years ago, I looked at numerous developments and lots and obvisouly settled on River Chase. The HOA fees are low, especially considering CA fees. I really like the area, being close to Austin and San Antonio, but still in the country. I liked the development's rec center and river park and the way the development was laid out. The building restrictions are pretty nominal. I plan on building a 4000 square foot house at about $100/sqft and a pool house off the patio.

Although I love the weather in Carlsbad, I can't wait to leave Calif behind. Will be moving in about a year since building takes about 6-8 months once you break ground, which I hope is around Nov.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,839 times
We bought 2.84 acres at the back of unit 7. We love it but can't afford to build out there anytime soon. We have it up for sale right now at $50000/ acre. That;'s high but we are kind of on the fence about it anyway. It is a great neighborhood. Good luck

Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM

4 posts, read 9,278 times
I am very sorry to hear that you feel like you were lied to. It was never the intention of the developer to limit the size of outbuildings or it would have been specified in the covenants. That is something that the ACC has come up with on their own. I don't know if it is legal or not but they seem to have full control based on their interpretation of what the covenants state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio