Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:37 PM

121 posts, read 437,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddys2 View Post
Oh and the Family Menu A,B,C found at all Chinese restaurants in California doesn't exist here...Also I'm not so sure if the local market realizes that selling sushi alongside sweet and sour pork is a bit odd and that Kung Poa chicken has no business on a Thai menu...

On the plus side, Texas BBQ is quite yummy and hard to find in California, never heard of Brisket until I moved here.
I guess they're trying to cater to a wider customer base in SA. California does have much more diversity regarding ethnic backgrounds. Sushi with sweet and sour pork?

Texas bbq is awesome though! Try Rudy's brisket, it's great!

BTW, where in Cali are you from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You're not going to get any real help with this kind of attitude. There's nothing worse than an outsider who has trouble adjusting to new places different from his own narrow environment. Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "When in Rome do as the Romans do."

Some people need get out more.

Expand your horizons.
Are you referring to me? What kind of attitude did I bring? Jeez, all I asked is if anyone knew of any west coast style mexican eateries in SA and what a frontage road is. If you were offended by that, I apologize.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:54 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,241,270 times
A lot of the really good mexican restaurants in SA are the hole in the wall places.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:09 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times
I'm not offended by either of those questions. Moderator cut: personal attack

Old 01-31-2007, 06:23 PM

Moderator cut: previously deleted

And what multiple insults are these? I don't recall. If you have misinterpreted what I wrote I understand because on the internet that happens a lot. I don't have a problem with San Antonio and I do like it here. Anyways, sorry you feel that way, but I think your name calling was totally uncalled for.

Enjoy your evening.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM

I agree, that was insanely uncalled for Ozzy.

M95 has done and said nothing that was offensive in this thread.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m95roadster View Post
I don't have a problem with San Antonio and I do like it here.
That's one of the only positive things you have said about San Antonio. MOST of what you've said has been negative.

But your initial "apology" was total BS because you were only apologizing for something irrelevant to my response. How would you expect someone to respond to that?

Old 01-31-2007, 06:44 PM

Guy, all m95 did was ask about mexican food and compare Cali mexican food to the mexican food she's had so far in SA. Calm your nerves before you say things you may regret.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:29 PM

469 posts, read 2,341,901 times
We are native San Diegans also and miss Robertos something awful. You are not going to find it here. They cover every thing in 'brown sauce' or 'gravy' rather than red sauce and there's no shredded beef only ground. We are used to Baja mex, you get Tex mex here. You can't even get Baja mex in Northern Cali so you are essentially looking for something very regional. The closest you can get to rolled tacos with guacamole is beef flautas and they use ground beef. Fair warning, you're not going to like the brown sauce. I have been able to find the chili verde sauce over enchiladas at a little place called Aguacalientes. Take 1604 west to the Babcock exit go along the access road west for maybe half a block and it's on your right, you can't miss it. If you end up finding some semblence of Baja mex let us know.

Ozzy it's not a matter of narrow mindedness, it's a real love of Baja mex. I don't think I'll ever enjoy the gravy they drown mexican food in here, it just doesn't taste good to us.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:40 PM

I eat Mexican food all the time and hardly anything I order has brown sauce or gravy on it. It's only used on certain items.

I like the chicken Flameante from Taco Cabana. It's roasted chicken served with rice and borracho beans. I like to cover everything with their salsa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio