U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:28 PM

114,159 posts, read 53,997,969 times

Advertisements

There are other salvage yards. Generally speaking, it's just best to stay away from the Pick and pull types. The old salvage yards are on Somerset Road or New Laredo Hwy. There's one or two on Roosevelt out side 4-10. Southside of course ! My area, couldn't tell you about other parts of town. Call first to see if they at least have your type of vehicle. The more the better because they get picked clean.

Last edited by SATX56; 08-29-2008 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 04:42 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,006,091 times
I frequent pick n pull alot (working on a project car) and I rarely seen newer volvos. Try ebaymotors.com

Old 08-29-2008, 05:36 PM

140 posts, read 462,750 times
its a 1993 so its not too new

Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 PM

114,159 posts, read 53,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineshallow View Post
Gosh they are like $72 online, I am so not paying that! But the hassle of the whole thing seems kinda ridiculous, I guess now i understand why someone would steal mine. Crappy people! Ughk! They make me so mad I can't even imagine how mad I'd be if more had been taken! But my fiance found something at some auto part store thats supposed to "fix" it so we'll see. Hows the laws on driving with a busted/or missing turn signal around here? Am I gonna get pulled over and given a fix it ticket or should I be ok driving?

You might just be better off payin' the 72 bucks. Unless you get lucky and find someone collecting older Volvos for parts. But beware of the pull it yourselves. They will at least in some cases charge you more than new prices. Ughk! Crappy people?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:44 PM

42 posts, read 180,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineshallow View Post
So my fiance left my car at a friends apt complex last night for a few hours and now our turn signal cover is gone. Does anyone know of any junk yards in the area I could check out for this part? I own a Volvo so ordering the part from anywhere is so expensive! Thanks for any help!
Have you tried Certifit parts?

They are aftermarket replacement body parts for almost any car. They offer headlights/turn signal/ taillight assemblies. etc etc

They have a catalog in PDF format with prices. The parts are good qualitiy and way cheaper sometimes then OEM

Check it out.

CertiFit Auto Body Parts - Home

Old 08-30-2008, 03:21 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times
Are there no online forums for Volvos? I get a lot of hard-to-find VW parts (and advice) that way. Many times folks are parting out an old car, or they know of a good deal.

You might try Volvoforum.com as a start, or just Google 'Volvo forum' for a list of others...

Good luck! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio