U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:31 PM

758 posts, read 1,958,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apies1819 View Post
I have gone a few times with my 12lb yorkie poo. It makes me sad that they don't have an area for smaller dogs. The other small dog owners that I have talked to expressed they want the same thing. I talked to a lot of the regulars and they say the morning is the best. I now avoid weekends because some of the dogs that go are a little more uncontrollable. I have only heard of one instance where a little dog got attacked by a larger dog and died. They said the park trys to keep a good eye out and will ask someone to take there dog and leave if it seems agressive.

Yeah... I hate irresponsible dog owners. I have a 15lb mutt that I rescued from the pound. He plays well with the big dogs but some owners just don't teach their dogs how to play well. It's not a matter of a dog being little or big, it's a matter of a dog being well-behaved. There's a great dane that goes to McAllister all the time and plays with my mutt just fine... but some other dogs just have s****y owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 AM

915 posts, read 1,658,976 times
McAllister is nice but for the worthless owners that park their arses on a bench and don't follow their dogs around. The result is dog crap left on the ground for responsible owners and their dogs to contend with.

Some owners there are truly worse than what falls out of their dogs.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:03 PM

420 posts, read 1,014,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
McAllister is nice but for the worthless owners that park their arses on a bench and don't follow their dogs around. The result is dog crap left on the ground for responsible owners and their dogs to contend with.

Some owners there are truly worse than what falls out of their dogs.

HERE HERE.

Lets be honest. The new dog park will be the same unless the park patrol stands there and fines people for not picking it up and that is just not going to happen.

Hell, park services barely even does basic maintenance at McAllister dog park anymore. Its just a dirty pit with broken water fountains and a mud bog around said fountain. I am surprised they still change out the trash there. Its getting to be a bit of a doggy slum area. The whole place is dog crap and mud.

They were asking about ideas for pet regulations recently. I want anyone with a dog found on a trail or in a park or walking down the side of the road without a poop bag on their person to be fined. I walked an offleash dog trail in austin and never saw any dog crap. I walked Eisenhower park's main trail, that has dog stations along it, and it was nothing but dog crap the whole way. And that is such a lovely smell on a 90 degree day.

The park guys should be able to stop you and if you don't have a doggy bag write you up a ticket to pay for crap cleanup.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:12 PM

5,142 posts, read 11,453,181 times
Perhaps during the grand opening, doggy poo bag dispensers and doggy poo bags can be handed out. The dispensers clip on to the leash so there's no excuse about not having a bag nearby. If the owner runs out, the dispenser can be used to place store plastic bags if funds are not available to buy doggy poo bags. The Pearsall dog park has the dispenser unit in one or two places inside the park and there's still a bit of an issue with cleaning up after dogs.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 PM

220 posts, read 597,432 times
Part of the cleanup problem at the dog parks is that the owners don't watch their dogs. They socialize and don't pay attention to what their dog is doing on the other side of the park.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM

I think Mcallister dog park has 3 or 4 in the park and 2 more on the way up to it. It is still covered in dog crap. Like Isdude says. bad owners.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 PM

915 posts, read 1,658,976 times
For the record, McAllister has free poop bags at the entrance.

I run the city and river walk with my dog regularly and never take a poop bag. The runs are my time & our dog is not allowed to go (1 or 2) during the run.

Places where he is off leash are another story.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM

your right. But the city cleans up the riverwalk. Otherwise it would be poop central too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio