U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 PM

64 posts, read 255,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Yes, they handled both of mine, although Dr Harden left the group (don't know why...)
Leaving the group...well let's just say it was a good decision. Her new group of docs she is working with are wonderful. I think she is a wonderful doc and has been recognized as one of the best in SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 08:14 PM

121 posts, read 440,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteemogirlie View Post
I just found out I'm pregnant, and this will be our first child born outside a military hospital. My previous children were born at Wilford Hall. I have narrowed it down to:

Methodist (medical dr), Baptist (St. Lukes), and SW General

I'm going to be calling these tomorrow to try to get a price estimate, but was wanting to get feedback from people that have been to any of these for this reason. I've looked up ratings, but that doesn't really go into actual people's experiences. Drive wise, all 3 of these are about the same distance, so I'm basically looking at price and quality of care.
Our daughter was born at St. Lukes almost 6 years ago. They were very professional and the room was large and comfortable. I can't really tell you the price as my insurance pretty much paid for everything, and I paid in advance through my wifes doctor (Institute for Womens health, another great place with excellent care worth any price!)

Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Newbie View Post
Leaving the group...well let's just say it was a good decision. Her new group of docs she is working with are wonderful. I think she is a wonderful doc and has been recognized as one of the best in SA.
Yes, she is a wonderful doc. So are some of the others in the group that she left. She is not currently with a group but with another doc that left Seven Oaks just before her. Her motivations for leaving were purely financial. Not that this is bad in any way, just giving her true motivation. She will do well in any case.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:16 AM

64 posts, read 255,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocO View Post
Yes, she is a wonderful doc. So are some of the others in the group that she left. She is not currently with a group but with another doc that left Seven Oaks just before her. Her motivations for leaving were purely financial. Not that this is bad in any way, just giving her true motivation. She will do well in any case.
Oh I agree. I personally had some bad experiences with 1 of the other docs there. So that is where my happiness comes from!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM

109 posts, read 356,430 times
Dr. Heck was my doctor with Seven Oaks. It was the best experience ever!!! My first was with another doctor with her own practice and was very disappointing so it was such a pleasure to have a doctor that really cared. I just wish she could be my family doctor!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 8,029 times
Hi,
I am relatively new to SA, as well. I happen to be a nurse in L&D at St. Lukes. Our rooms are large and you get a private room for post-partum care. All though I have never actually looked into it, I have heard that the post-partum rooms at Methodist are semi-private. Can anyone confirm that?
Anyway, we do give good care at St. Lukes and we have a very limited amount of "agency" nurses. The ones we do have have been there a long time, and several have actually hired on as permanent employees. We have quite a few nurses who have worked all around the city and have ended up with us because they enjoy the environment. It seems as though all of the delivering facilities in this city are vey large, but St. Lukes is on the smaller end of that. The nurse-patient ratio is very acceptable... usually 1:1 or 1:2. If it was high, I wouldn't work there for my own liability's sake. Anyway, I don't have a means of comparison, but I find St. Lukes to be a hospital that delivers good care. Ulitmately, you need to find a doctor or midwife that you are comfortable with and go where they go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio