U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 AM

154 posts, read 579,241 times

Advertisements

How is the cable internet service there with TW or others? We have Comcast, the monopoly here, and they are a bit of a headache, but VERY fast when it's working. It goes out for a couple of hours every time it freaking rains, though.

The phone part doesn't bother me as the whole family has cellphones, so we don't even use a land line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 08:23 AM

4,796 posts, read 13,717,357 times
I have HBO and TMC.....and I NEVER watch them......but I HAVE to have them in the bundle to get more channels. They are priced out separately on my bill, but when I called to remove them, I was told that I couldn't. If I take away that bundle, I'm left with about 22 channel with 1/2 of them in Spanish.....and I speak FRENCH! I hate being manipulated into buying something I don't want or need! ugh!!

Old 11-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,816 posts, read 33,144,346 times
I'm using AT&T DSL. It's just as fast as the Time Warner broadband I used to have and it doesn't go out as often.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:59 PM

1,893 posts, read 4,865,504 times
I used to brag about the TW help line. I liked the way they would call you back when it was your turn to talk to a real person in stead of sitting on hold for an hour but now I have an even better deal. When I switched my DVR for a digital one I had to have a tech come out because it wasn't working properly. He got it working but the caller ID wasn't working and he said that I should give it 48 hrs and if it still wasn't working to call back and they would have to schedule another visit. So I called back in 48 hrs and told them what the tech had said and sheduled another appointment. About an hour later that same tech called me on his cell phone to ask about the problem and told me that if I had any more problems to just call him directly and just bypass all the BS of calling TW. I did just that a few days ago when my caller ID quit working and he talked me thru fixing it over the phone. I like that kind of service.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 PM

3,589 posts, read 3,156,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPinSC View Post
How is the cable internet service there with TW or others? We have Comcast, the monopoly here, and they are a bit of a headache, but VERY fast when it's working. It goes out for a couple of hours every time it freaking rains, though.

The phone part doesn't bother me as the whole family has cellphones, so we don't even use a land line.
I'm a Time Warner cable subscriber in Dallas. They SUCK. Be glad you have another provider.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM

616 posts, read 1,854,661 times
I hate TWC. I really do. My Roadrunner will randomly drop out a few times a day, and my HD box has a bad habit of randomly resetting itself but not turning itself back on, which means I come home and Tivo has taped hours of black screens. The installation for the cable and for the phone was a nightmare of epic proportions.

I'm happy with the actual cable product, and the channel selection is great, but I hate everything else about it.

As soon as Grande starts servicing 09 I am switching. At least if it goes bad it will be a fresh hell, not the one I know so well.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:35 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,117,123 times
Although I am not the biggest fan of TWC/RR, I have to say that when we do have a problem and it is not an area-wide one, their customer service is helpful. Howeve, when there is an area-wide outage--which tend to be extended time-wise when they happen--you won't get through to anyone. There is an option for a call-back when the outage is over, but I never get the call on my cell (which is Sprint, so it works when everything else it out). I also find it is expensive, and keep telling the wife (who handles the finances in our house) to call them; but she still hasn't. I guess I make too much money for her to bother!

So, although far from being a great service provider, I have not had enough issues with TWC/RR to switch. I am weary of the smaller providers, and my neighbor tried AT&T and a dish network setup with disasterous results. So I guess I am subscribing to the old addage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Cheers! M2

Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 PM

117 posts, read 381,176 times
There's no DSL service available in the Brycewood subdivision in 78251 - after 4 years, still waiting for it. So, it's been RR from TWC - and it's great! But, I'd rather work with AT&T and find a bundle that's less expensive.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:09 AM

454 posts, read 371,032 times
We had a package of just cable tv and internet with Time Warner, then AT&T for phone. We only got the cable so I could watch the World Cup last year. Then each time I called to cancel they offered me 3 free months of service, which extended that perk for some time. However since I really didn't want it, we finally cancelled for good despite their repeated calls of more free months of service. We kept the internet line, which is ok. Slower than I'd like, but it's tolerable. We use rabbit ears for our TV and are happy with that, esp. after a year of having a bazillion channels and nothing to watch.

We also ditched our AT&T line entirely. I loathe themwith a passion and have since I lived in IN. Even being on the do not call list we were spending $30/month to get only sales calls, since everyone called our cell phones. We have two personal cell phones ($70/month) between us as well as my work blackberry, and we use skype to call internationally. We have a spare cell phone which we add minutes to when someone is visiting a needs one (eg when our European relatives are here).

Old 11-26-2007, 04:34 PM

2,559 posts, read 5,261,173 times
Time Warner is a joke and crooked as well.I will never use them again.They owe me $300 for a returned digital box which I was charged for.They give me the runaround, won't give me my money back.They are thieves!!!!!BTW, have you noticed the logo? It is the called "Eye of Ra" which is considered satanic.

I have U-Verse and im quite happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or