U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:14 AM

67 posts, read 235,149 times

Advertisements

Habitat for Humanity will pick up furniture, appliances and if you're remodeling old cabinets, fixtures, materials, etc. 223-5203
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
You can also put it in the free section of Craigslist. I've used this section to give stuff away as well as when I badly needed something... like recently when I needed a bed for my son after his futon fell apart. I am VERY thankful someone was giving away a perfectly good, clean bed.
oh man, wish I would've known that a couple weeks ago. We replaced my daughter's mattress, but the old one wasn't bad at all and would've been perfect for a smaller child. It was just a little sagging in the middle for an adult. We ended up giving it to the Salvation Army.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 AM

2,745 posts, read 13,091,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
oh man, wish I would've known that a couple weeks ago. We replaced my daughter's mattress, but the old one wasn't bad at all and would've been perfect for a smaller child. It was just a little sagging in the middle for an adult. We ended up giving it to the Salvation Army.
Ahh it's okay, it was for my 16 year old son, not the younger one. So he needed something more for an adult. He was sleeping on the futon mattress after the frame fell apart, on the floor, which would have been tolerable for one of the younger kids but was hurting his back since he's almost full-grown size now. Thanks though. I was just surprised at how hard it was to find something cheap/free...as in REAL cheap, vs. Salvation Army / Goodwill cheap (which is still affordable but not quite for us at the time)..

Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 PM

443 posts, read 1,359,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore92135 View Post
drop off your furnitue on the coner of pinto and travis. believe me a needy person WILL pick it up within 20 minutes of drop off. believe me , I KNOW!
wouldn't u be fined of littering?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:49 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winst0n View Post
No...it'll be gone quicker than you can shake a stick.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,843,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winst0n View Post
Riiiiiiggghhht...as if anyone would be standing around waiting to cite for littering on the westside.

Besides, as the poster said...it'll be gone in 20 minutes!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,091,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Riiiiiiggghhht...as if anyone would be standing around waiting to cite for littering on the westside.

Besides, as the poster said...it'll be gone in 20 minutes!
Yeah, that's pretty funny. There's a sofa on the corner of Chupaderas and Guadalupe that's been there ALL SUMMER.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:26 PM

4,080 posts, read 6,084,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Yeah, that's pretty funny. There's a sofa on the corner of Chupaderas and Guadalupe that's been there ALL SUMMER.
Yeah, the vatos in the area thought it was a "plant" so avoided it......

Old 09-04-2008, 06:56 PM

32 posts, read 104,533 times
Personally, I will NEVER donate anything to Goodwill and have refused to do so for 30 some-odd years. They don't clean/repair anything! When I was a single mom of 3 young children & not receiving child support payments, I needed a place to shop for my kids who were outgrowing their clothes in less than 6 months' time. After getting bummed out by Goodwill, I went to the nearest Salvation Army Store.

What a freakin' difference! The clothes in the Salvation Army store were cleaned & repaired (loose seams stitched, buttons replaced, etc.) and, on hangers, sorted by size -- as opposed to the trashy "bins" at the Goodwill store. Perhaps Goodwill has changed their "habits" in the last 30+ years, but I will never go back again.

Also, the Salvation Army was willing to send a truck out to come pick stuff I had -- unlike the Goodwill that wanted me to just "dump" my stuff in one of their "collection boxes"!

Another good agency is "ARC" (primarily helps "retarded" <no longer politically correct?> individuals develop living skills).

If anyone has ever driven by a Goodwill "Donation Station", all you see is other people's trash!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM

2,953 posts, read 8,601,712 times
check craigslist, lot of people there are wanting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio