U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 PM

6,138 posts, read 8,596,618 times

Advertisements

Exciting! I just started my post-college scrapbook and need some new stuff. I go to Scrapbook Haven at Bandera/Gilbeau (right?) but it's not as cool as I remember it being when I was in high school (2001ish). Does anyone have any recommendations for any stores while we wait for this one to open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
cjw

125 posts, read 426,057 times
Are there many scrapbook stores in town? I've been to two that I think may have closed. One at Nacogdoches and N New Braunfels and the other at Judson/Nacogdoches area.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:08 PM

269 posts, read 668,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Exciting! I just started my post-college scrapbook and need some new stuff. I go to Scrapbook Haven at Bandera/Gilbeau (right?) but it's not as cool as I remember it being when I was in high school (2001ish). Does anyone have any recommendations for any stores while we wait for this one to open?
There is one near Blanco & 1604 have not gotten to shop there yet, Hobby Lobby & Michaels have better stock than ever and there is a good rumor of a JoAnns superstore to open at Blanco & 410 soon... (the two smaller stores they had are no longer may be this new store is going into the old JoAnn store? I have not been over there in months so the addy is not familiar.)

Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM

139 posts, read 324,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinSA View Post
ok so do I see a CD crop in our future?

cardmaking, new stamper and scrapper, just took the B I G plunge to support my habit
Whoo hoo...I sooo miss going to crops!

I make cards, scrapbook, alter anything I can....name it, I put pretty paper & glue on it......

Old 08-22-2008, 03:47 PM

6,138 posts, read 8,596,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinSA View Post
There is one near Blanco & 1604 have not gotten to shop there yet, Hobby Lobby & Michaels have better stock than ever and there is a good rumor of a JoAnns superstore to open at Blanco & 410 soon... (the two smaller stores they had are no longer may be this new store is going into the old JoAnn store? I have not been over there in months so the addy is not familiar.)
Hobby Lobby seems to have more paper then Michaels, but I like Michaels prices better, and the weekly ads make the trip out to La Cantera bearable. I haven't been to a new JoAnn's for about a year now and that was in north Austin. The new JoAnn's are awesome. They're like a super Michaels, imho. It may have been that I was just in the mood to shop though, lol. JoAnn's sure has changed since I lived in northern Wisconsin when that was our only crafting choice.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:39 PM

I just moved here from KS. DH was military. Lived there 5 yrs.
There was not any scrapbook stores of any kind for a long time. Then, along came a Hobby Lobby and 3 small scrapbook stores, one a dear friend owned.
Well, the area being as rural as it is, all 3 smaller stores went under, including my friend's store. That left HL and Walmart...for what little stuff WM carries.
I haven't shopped at a Michael's in years. Not since I was in New Hampshire.
Joanns didnt have much...so I never went there. It was an hour away anyway.

I would love to own my own store someday. But, for now, I am thrilled that there are several around SA to visit!!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:39 PM

897 posts, read 2,614,235 times
The nice thing about Hobby Lobby is that they put their paper on sale frequently for half off, which includes stacks and other papers. Ditto for stamps and stamping stuff. Joann's will run specials on the internet with half off as well and you can google a free shipping coupon, too! I just ordered some paper from Joann's with the half off (I think it was their Founders Day sale) and free shipping. Since the Joann's on Bitters/281 is closing, the only one that is left is the one at Crossroads. I can't wait for the one at San Pedro and 410 to open!

There's Scrapbook 911 on Blanco, just south of 1604. You turn at the street that the Pizza Hut is on, and it you will see it on the left. They have some unique papers that you can't find at HL or Joann's, or even Michaels. They also offer their scrap room for free, provided they don't have a class going on. They also have cheap scrap nights, including the chocolate!!

There's a scrapbook store off of Embassy Oaks -- near the miniature golf place. They have changed their name so may times, I'm not sure what it is now. I've found similar papers at the other scrapbook stores, so I don't go there too often, preferring S911 instead.

I've been to Scrapbook Heaven on Bandera, but it's a drive for me, so I just go to the ones close by. I used to go to the one in Castle Hills, but they closed that one years ago and never reopened it.

Maybe a CD Crop night at Scrapbook 911? I guess I can post the link here, but in case it's not allowed, just google the store name and it will pop up!

Scrapbook 911

Oh, and it's nice to know there are other paperholics around !!! My DH usually gets boxes for his work, but today, he opened up a box of scrapbook paper! Looks like I got caught!!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:20 PM

Looks like we will all have to meet at the M's grand opening, have coffee after and chat....then once a month or so...CROP!!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:36 PM

269 posts, read 668,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL71 View Post
Looks like we will all have to meet at the M's grand opening, have coffee after and chat....then once a month or so...CROP!!
now if only olive garden would be ready....(wishful thinking)

Old 08-23-2008, 07:13 AM

Olive Garden.... YUM
Bring on the salad and breadsticks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or