U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-05-2008, 04:58 AM

82 posts, read 205,768 times
Default Vegetarian restaurants

I've enjoyed Pei Wei, any one got more leads?

(as for Green, no comment. We all know that one. I'm staying outside of controversy.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 AM

560 posts, read 792,149 times
All of the Thai, Indian, Middle Eastern, and Vietnamese options are good, as are the Italian. Good veggie burgers can be found at Luther's and La Tuna (as well as chains like Chili's, Burger King, and Subway). Ruta Maya has some tasty veggie options for lunch. Demo's has a decent falafel. Veggie-friendly Mexican places include Adelante, La Fonda, Taco Taco, Las Salsas, Chuey's (?), and Henry's Puffy Tacos (?, I hear). Delicious Tamales now offers a vegan version! More extensive veggie selections can be found at Big Kahuna (yummm--fake ham, fake fish, multiple varieties of tofu, etc.), Twin Sisters, and The Cove.

And Green, too, even though you mentioned it! (Try the tofu po' boy).

Google any of these and add "san antonio," and their addresses should pop up.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 PM

112 posts, read 225,197 times
My favorite is Casa de Luz in Austin. Its definitly worth the trip. Its a macrobiotic vegan place with one item only on the menu each day. Its next to a school so there is a big palyground for kids to play while you eat. This is their web page: Casa de Luz :: Vegan :: Macrobiotic :: Organic

Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM

82 posts, read 205,768 times
Default Big Kahuna!! yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
All of the Thai, Indian, Middle Eastern, and Vietnamese options are good, as are the Italian. Good veggie burgers can be found at Luther's and La Tuna (as well as chains like Chili's, Burger King, and Subway). Ruta Maya has some tasty veggie options for lunch. Demo's has a decent falafel. Veggie-friendly Mexican places include Adelante, La Fonda, Taco Taco, Las Salsas, Chuey's (?), and Henry's Puffy Tacos (?, I hear). Delicious Tamales now offers a vegan version! More extensive veggie selections can be found at Big Kahuna (yummm--fake ham, fake fish, multiple varieties of tofu, etc.), Twin Sisters, and The Cove.

And Green, too, even though you mentioned it! (Try the tofu po' boy).

Google any of these and add "san antonio," and their addresses should pop up.
Big Kahuna!! LOVE the place. The prices are great and the service is excellent. Wonderful plants, however, I'm looking forward to cooler weather for the patio.
thanks for tip

Old 09-06-2008, 08:51 AM

232 posts, read 488,577 times
These are ones that I go to...(excuse any sp? errors)
For Mexican: La Hacienda de los barrios, fun for the kids and DH & I can sit and have margaritas and listen to the live music on the patio. I order puffy tacos veggie style. Mamacitas is another favorite.
This past weekend I had an awesome veggie taco salad at Rio Rio and DH had the veggie burrito. Chains such as Chipotle and Habaneros never let me down either.
For Burgers it used to be Burger King because DD likes the Morningstar brand of veggie burgers and that is what they serve. Lately, my choice is Red Robin...YUM! They offer the Boca Buger or Gardenburger, I get the Boca with Guacamole. I tried Freddys frozen custards bean burger, wasn't crazy about it.
Maccaroni Grill makes the best Eggplant parm.
Alladins in Stone Oak makes a wonderful Falafel or veggie pita pocket.
PF Changs will do anything on their menu vegetarian. I order vegetarian lettuce wraps & Kung Pau with five spice tofu. They prepare the tofu two different ways, so if you like the tofu firm ask for five spice everytime, I've even had it added to the sichuan style asparagus. DH likes the Eggplant dish. For quick Chinese I go to Pei Wei or Fire Wok, I tend to lean more towards Fire Wok because you get more for your money.
DD loves Oodles off 410 & Blanco-they prepare Noodles every style.

Last edited by sarahdsmom; 09-06-2008 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: Added DD's fav:

Old 09-06-2008, 10:31 AM

330 posts, read 861,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2begreen View Post
Big Kahuna!! LOVE the place.
Mmm-mmmm! That is a tasty burger!

-Samuel L. Jackson

Old 09-06-2008, 12:21 PM

777 posts, read 1,584,055 times
Quote:

(as for Green, no comment. We all know that one. I'm staying outside of controversy.)
You can get a nice salad and some green beans with your order at The Rib House. Give it a try.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 3 days ago)

13,586 posts, read 21,238,656 times
Rome's Pizza has excellent food, and my son likes the falafel they serve. I'm a carnivore, but for pizza, no meat, please, just a plain cheese pie. They don't disappoint!

::: Welcome to Rome's Pizza :::

Old 09-07-2008, 07:19 AM

232 posts, read 488,577 times
Ooooh, I forgot about pizza. I love Romes and it's neighbor Julians, also the pear gorgonzola or wild mushroom pizza at California Pizza Kitchen at Huebner Oaks.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:24 PM

1,848 posts, read 2,977,745 times
Beware, the vegetarian items on the Pei Wei menu are labeled. However, items such as the lo mein without meat are NOT vegetarian as the sauce it is served with has chicken broth.

Always have to ask about the broth in potatoes, soups, stews and the potential for bacon in green beans and spinach. J Alexanders cooks their mac and cheese with bacon - gross.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio