Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:23 AM

4 posts, read 15,127 times

Advertisements

For anyone who's relocated to San Antonio, what is the absolute best thing about the area in your opinion? What do you love the most? What one thing makes you think that moving here was a good idea? And on a slightly different note, what surprised you the most about San Antonio? Can be something good/bad, whatever, just something that was different then you expected. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about this. I'm really looking forward to our first trip down later this month to see things for ourselves, but there's nothing like hearing from people who've already been there and done that. Of course, any responses from SA natives are most welcome too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 11:59 AM

283 posts, read 1,836,108 times
People are pretty nice but the driving is a joke.

Poor highways and crazy drivers.

Most drivers in SA are aggressive and the slow lane on the highway means going the speed limit.

The other lanes drivers are going 10-30mph over the speed limit.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:39 PM

469 posts, read 2,342,269 times
Yeah, the drivers are atrocious.

I love the city itself though.

Outside of driving the people are great.

We can afford a pretty home.

The schools are waaay better than any where else we've ever lived.

The land is beautiful and there's lots of things for families to do.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:36 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,888 times
San Antonio is a nice place. Ive lived here my entire life expect for bout 3yrs. So when are u planning to come? As of right now the Stock Show and Rodeo is in full gear. Of course next month, March, brings the opening of Six Flags and i believe Sea World. Schlitterbahn the best water park in the US is juss a 15 minute drive up I35 in New Braunfels. If your a twenty-sumthan and really can stand a 6.5 hr drive to South Padre ITS WORTH IT! ! ! You can have fun no matter what ur age if you look around. One things u might not expect bout San Antonio is the weather. It can flip-flop on you in a moments notice. As well as the highway system. Some may feel intimidated cause the amount of highway but with a handy map or google search its a piece of cake.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:16 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
I love the people! Just about anywhere I go I notice a lot of just plain polite and nice people. My former Texas home was not this hospitable!

And I love where I live because I can get to just about anywhere in town without having to get on a freeway/highway/expressway/tollway!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 04:39 PM

94 posts, read 654,645 times
I read an article yesterday about how several fortune 500 companies are currently planning on opening business in San Antonio. This can only be good in my eyes.

Fine people.

Cost of living.

Yummy foodies.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:33 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Don't forget you're next to the Texas Hill Country!

Old 02-06-2007, 05:26 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,416,860 times
I would think that the northwestern and western suburbs are in the Texas Hill Country.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:12 PM

531 posts, read 2,074,254 times
Default hawaii

do you have the link of the article?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:22 AM

797 posts, read 2,992,150 times
We moved here from Seattle last April but spent much of the first 6 months in Austin due to a family emergency. The best thing about San Antonio has got to be the weather for me, I love all the sunshine. The most surprising things were...

The highways are totally messed up! Loops, turnarounds, frontage roads, all of these things combined make for a really poor infrastructure keeping the growth of the city at a slower pace. Much of the downtown area has only been recenty renovated and only open for business in the past 7-8 years.

Nobody ever seems to be outside, I'm guessing that the heat keeps most everyone indoors in the a/c.

The pools open in May and close in August.... this is nuts when the weather is more than warm enough to be outside swimming from March to November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio