U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2008, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
8,653 posts, read 16,792,311 times
Reputation: 5982

Advertisements

How is crime in San Antonio? How is it compared to say Austin or Houston? Gang problems -- and if so, confined to certain areas or is it spread around the city?

 
Old 09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Western Bexar County
3,823 posts, read 13,347,445 times
Reputation: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
How is crime in San Antonio? How is it compared to say Austin or Houston? Gang problems -- and if so, confined to certain areas or is it spread around the city?
It looks like you usually hang out in the Houston forum, so I would hazard a guess that you live there. My question is what is your purpose asking this as it has been answered many times in this forum?
 
Old 09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Seaford, Delaware
3,471 posts, read 17,211,265 times
Reputation: 2624
Crime in San Antonio is no worse than some cities and alot better than some cities. It's sporadic, spread out, and not gang controlled. There are gangs, but not the main focus of crime in SA. I've always felt safe anywhere in the city.
 
Old 09-07-2008, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
8,653 posts, read 16,792,311 times
Reputation: 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
It looks like you usually hang out in the Houston forum, so I would hazard a guess that you live there. My question is what is your purpose asking this as it has been answered many times in this forum?
Contemplating a move to the hill country and not in a big hurry so taking our time and researching several cities so hoping to get some honest facts from those who know the city best -- the people who live there.
 
Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Reputation: 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Contemplating a move to the hill country and not in a big hurry so taking our time and researching several cities so hoping to get some honest facts from those who know the city best -- the people who live there.

If you may be moving to the hill country..why are you asking about crime in San Antonio?
 
Old 09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
8,653 posts, read 16,792,311 times
Reputation: 5982
Sorry - my mistake - compared to Houston, it's pretty much all Hill Country to me. Looking at actual Hill Country area and San Antonio. I would really appreciate it if someone who lives there (long-time residents who has seen changes, etc). could take the time to comment and let me know what they think about crime overall. This is something I consider important. I'm just looking for honest feedback but instead people seem suspicious of me asking this question.

Last edited by texas7; 09-08-2008 at 05:42 PM..
 
Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
 
546 posts, read 2,820,009 times
Reputation: 264
If you live in Houston (as I have), in comparison I'd say San Antonio is a bit like Disney Land in the crime department.
 
Old 09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
8,653 posts, read 16,792,311 times
Reputation: 5982
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie2525 View Post
If you live in Houston (as I have), in comparison I'd say San Antonio is a bit like Disney Land in the crime department.
Yeah, its getting old really fast.
 
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
 
Location: NW San Antonio
2,953 posts, read 8,601,712 times
Reputation: 3211
Today is not one of the calmest days to ask that question, 3 police officers shot. a father stabbed by his own son. not too disney like
 
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
 
546 posts, read 2,820,009 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Today is not one of the calmest days to ask that question, 3 police officers shot. a father stabbed by his own son. not too disney like
...in comparison to Houston, it's STILL Disney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top