Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
if u like texas so much why did u move away???
I didn't move away because I didn't like Texas. I just wanted to try something different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 AM

245 posts, read 696,112 times
Gotta love Texas. I've lived in Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. Have to say that I like South Texas better than North Texas, mainly because of the scenery, more stuff to do down here, more water, more theme parks, close to the ocean, close to Mexico, etc. etc. I'm originally from Utah, but have lived in Texas for 16 years. My parents moved back to Colorado a few years ago, and my mom constantly tells me how much she misses Texas and southern hospitality. The people are a lot more friendly down here. I've debated moving up north, but I think I'll just stay put here!

The only thing I hate though is having to hide from the heat. But at least in this part of Texas you can always go to Barton Springs (in Austin) or Garner State Park or New Braunfels and take a dip in below 70 degree water! But I'm so used to the heat now that 80 degrees (which is what I keep my A/C on at the house) feels cool, and if it gets below 78 I'm cold!!! So when I visit my family in the Rockies, I turn into an icicle.

You mentioned 4 seasons. I have to disagree. We have max 3. The cold here is nice, but I remember early this year it would be warm for a week, cold for a week, etc. We don't really have much of a fall.

If I were you I would add seeing the great State of Texas flag everywhere. What other state in the Union so proudly displays their state flag next to the U.S. flag (and here we don't even need the U.S. flag to accompany it)? I swell up with pride every time I see the Lone Star Flag.

I think I'll be an (adopted) Texan for life. Alright y'all? Thank you ma'am.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:22 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,629 times
Having just moved from San Antonio about 3 weeks ago, this thread caught my eye and I must agree! Even though I am only 3 weeks in my new location (central Florida) it seems to be a very nice place, but what I can't help but notice, is that every time I turn around in my "new" town, I am seeing attempts to "mimic" Texas! Especially in the restaurants here..."Texas angus beef", "Texas Margarita" -which my husband had last night with dinner....Seriously folks...they are trying so hard here to be, well...Texafied! Can't blame 'em, bless their hearts....Texas is one of a kind!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:01 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,878 times
[quote=Rasero;5237209]
The only thing I hate though is having to hide from the heat. [quote]

I did one of those online comparisons the other day, and the area I'm living in now is one of the few settled places in the country the has higher average temps in the summer than south Texas. Plus, no winter here- nice in its own way, but sometimes you need a little variety in your life! Yes, compared some other parts of the country, Texas isn't big on seasonal differentation, but compared to where I am now it sure is !

Old 09-12-2008, 03:21 PM

500 posts, read 748,224 times
Default Talk about Texas pride!

Texas even has its own pledge, how many states can say that? My kids could probably still say it. (We spent 2 years in S.A.) I think you'll always find good people wherever you go, but it's sometimes easier to 'connect' in Texas.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Can you identify ANY other flag from our Union? nope. didn't think so.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Can you identify ANY other flag from our Union? nope. didn't think so.
Speaking of flags, I saw a house for sale the other day, and in the photo of one of the kids' bedrooms, the curtains were the U.S. flag on one side and the Texas flag on the other. Only in Texas!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:51 AM

442 posts, read 552,926 times
Texas can be great, and I miss lots about it. I do not however, miss the fact that it's a "red state."

Old 09-13-2008, 04:28 PM

265 posts, read 1,190,699 times
You're kidding about four seasons, right? Do any Texans even OWN mittens?

Old 09-13-2008, 08:05 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motown mary View Post
You're kidding about four seasons, right? Do any Texans even OWN mittens?
We don't need no stinkin' mittens!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio