Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 AM

135 posts, read 512,904 times

Advertisements

Most shops don't pay enough to make it worthwhile (IMO). I'd suggest eBay, Craigslist or donating. I used to sell my kiddos clothes on eBay but it's alot of hassle to make barely anything, so now I just donate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnzFam View Post
Most shops don't pay enough to make it worthwhile (IMO). I'd suggest eBay, Craigslist or donating. I used to sell my kiddos clothes on eBay but it's alot of hassle to make barely anything, so now I just donate them.
Yes, and don't forget they are tax deductible.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 8,898 times
whats the easiest way and fastest way to take the clothes in. In a basket or box or bags? I have alot of clothes and i mean alot.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:41 AM

Most shops will only take the clothes if they are ironed & on hangers or ironed & laid flat in a basket/tote.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM

3 posts, read 8,898 times
Thanks MtnzFam!!! I made more $$$ than expected. I did iron most of the items and it made a difference. Kid to Kid on Huebner didnt care if the clothes where iron or not but i think it made a difference. I took the clothes in my hamper baskets and it work out great. In one hour i had my choice of cash or store credit. I ran with the cash and im off to Christmas Shop!! Happy Holidays and thanks for all the advice!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:51 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
I see a bunch of post saying Kid to Kid, and donate, but still haven't heard anyone give an answer to the actual question. Other than donating, and childrens clothing does anyone know of any good consignment stores??? Two pages and I still haven't seen anyone name one. I can not imagine there not being any in a city of over 2 million in the metro. I donate many clothes, I actually run a non-profit organization called Disaster Relief Services of Texas, but I also have many articles of "fine clothing" Armani, Versace, etc...that I would like to sell. Can anyone help? Oh, im not looking to sell anything online either.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:20 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
I see a bunch of post saying Kid to Kid, and donate, but still haven't heard anyone give an answer to the actual question. Other than donating, and childrens clothing does anyone know of any good consignment stores??? Two pages and I still haven't seen anyone name one. I can not imagine there not being any in a city of over 2 million in the metro. I donate many clothes, I actually run a non-profit organization called Disaster Relief Services of Texas, but I also have many articles of "fine clothing" Armani, Versace, etc...that I would like to sell. Can anyone help? Oh, im not looking to sell anything online either.
Second Looks
1804 Nacogdoches Rd
San Antonio, TX 78209
(210) 826-6121

and actually the OP asked about her daughter's clothes, not cs in general. Just sayin'

Old 12-18-2008, 03:27 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times
Does anyone know the name of the consignment shop on Bandera, a little ways in from 1604? It is in a strip mall but I can't think of the name of it. Also, if anyone does go there, is it worth going?

Old 12-18-2008, 03:33 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Second Looks
1804 Nacogdoches Rd
San Antonio, TX 78209
(210) 826-6121

and actually the OP asked about her daughter's clothes, not cs in general. Just sayin'
Sorry, I missunderstood. Need to read in more...lol. Thank you though! I will check that store out. Also if anyone deos know of a stor on Bandera that would be much closer. I've heard that there are stores in the West Ave. area that are more for the high end clothing. Im not sure just any old store is going to take this stuff that costs so much. Not sure they target it, but I'll give it a try.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Does anyone know the name of the consignment shop on Bandera, a little ways in from 1604? It is in a strip mall but I can't think of the name of it. Also, if anyone does go there, is it worth going?
It's it by Prue? A few streets past the Pep Boys if you were coming from 1604? I haven't been to that one (yet), but hope to check it out soon.

Rose Cottage isn't too far from there (1604/Braun) & it's a very nice shop.

Quote:
I think in that case an eBay trading assistant would be the way to go. They sell it on eBay for you, but take a "cut" for their time/work in doing so.

I might be able to help you out if you'd like to go that way....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio