U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-24-2008, 11:00 PM
 
504 posts, read 1,306,128 times
Reputation: 91

Advertisements

when you network, you network. it does not matter what genre, artform, or medium a connection is a connection. chingo began his career at KSYM where we were both interns. the story pretty much unfolds from there. $80M distribution deal does not mean he is a millionaire. its a lot more complicated than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You've got the Midas touch when it comes to friends. What's your secret?

 
Old 09-25-2008, 01:51 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 13,745,536 times
Reputation: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
when you network, you network. it does not matter what genre, artform, or medium a connection is a connection. chingo began his career at KSYM where we were both interns. the story pretty much unfolds from there. $80M distribution deal does not mean he is a millionaire. its a lot more complicated than that.
Quest...I realize this is an English speaking forum, but does he get any Latino flack for the name "Chingo Bling". I mean...translating that here would get deleted. I don't know anyone who could blatantly call themselves "F-ing Bling" or "F-load of Bling" and get away with it. Just asking.....famous or not.
 
Old 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
 
504 posts, read 1,306,128 times
Reputation: 91
chingo does not only mean an "f-bomb" it has a comedic connotation like "freakin" especially since he is a comedian. it can also be understood or spoken as "***** load" or anything else we use in the english language.

he is the Latino Weird Al

i do not understand the english only rule on this forum especially in cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Antonio, El Paso, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Quest...I realize this is an English speaking forum, but does he get any Latino flack for the name "Chingo Bling". I mean...translating that here would get deleted. I don't know anyone who could blatantly call themselves "F-ing Bling" or "F-load of Bling" and get away with it. Just asking.....famous or not.
 
Old 09-25-2008, 05:04 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 13,745,536 times
Reputation: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
chingo does not only mean an "f-bomb" it has a comedic connotation like "freakin" especially since he is a comedian. it can also be understood or spoken as "***** load" or anything else we use in the english language.

he is the Latino Weird Al

i do not understand the english only rule on this forum especially in cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Antonio, El Paso, etc.
I'm just saying word = word .....you can get away with Spanish profanity...which way it's interpreted is irrelevant. The F word is taboo on this board in ENGLISH.

I don't think other languages would be a problem if correct translations accompanies them.....but then I don't own this site, so I don't make that call.
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:25 PM
 
504 posts, read 1,306,128 times
Reputation: 91
word for word? if that was the case even spanish language tv would not allow it. if you want to take it further off topic i suggest you message me.

back on topic. emma hersh also is a trinity graduate and if you have no clue who she is i do not blame you, but she is doing alot for inner city san antonio through her research as part of the WDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I'm just saying word = word .....you can get away with Spanish profanity...which way it's interpreted is irrelevant. The F word is taboo on this board in ENGLISH.

I don't think other languages would be a problem if correct translations accompanies them.....but then I don't own this site, so I don't make that call.
 
Old 09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 13,745,536 times
Reputation: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
word for word? if that was the case even spanish language tv would not allow it. if you want to take it further off topic i suggest you message me.

back on topic. emma hersh also is a trinity graduate and if you have no clue who she is i do not blame you, but she is doing alot for inner city san antonio through her research as part of the WDC
We weren't off topic Q....we were talking about your buddy and Chingo Bling who was educated at Trinity. I'm glad to know the Spanish TV wouldn't allow it....so that makes the use here even more questionable. It doesn't matter....you're missing the point.

I tried the DM with you once, but you forgot the question. I'll pass this time, but thanks for the offer. We just see value in different things. Nothing wrong with that.
 
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
 
504 posts, read 1,306,128 times
Reputation: 91
you are missing the point. if it was deragatory spanish tv would not play or say his name, but the fact is they DO. in fact they gave him his own show for awhile.

i didnt forget the question because i didnt have one, you had one but never asked clearly when it came to the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
We weren't off topic Q....we were talking about your buddy and Chingo Bling who was educated at Trinity. I'm glad to know the Spanish TV wouldn't allow it....so that makes the use here even more questionable. It doesn't matter....you're missing the point.

I tried the DM with you once, but you forgot the question. I'll pass this time, but thanks for the offer. We just see value in different things. Nothing wrong with that.
 
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
 
546 posts, read 2,826,147 times
Reputation: 264
Well, I graduated from UH (University of Houston) and we have STAR JONES...but we got Master P, Dennis Quaid, Randy Quaid, Brent Spiner AND Julian Schnabel. Trinity beat, hands down!
 
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 13,745,536 times
Reputation: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
you are missing the point. if it was deragatory spanish tv would not play or say his name, but the fact is they DO. in fact they gave him his own show for awhile.

i didnt forget the question because i didnt have one, you had one but never asked clearly when it came to the message.
OK...there is notoriety and there is greatness. I prefer to honor greatness....like the woman you said no one knows, Emma Hersh. Moderator cut: see comment I'm sure Trinity would much rather glorify her legacy than Chingo Bling!

Sidenote everyone else can ignore: Remember your veiled post about King William ruining downtown. I asked why and you sent me to DM. I tried but you bailed. You were going to elaborate on your comment and chose not to. No skin off my nose.

OK..now back to Emma...please?

Last edited by Bo; 09-26-2008 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Privacy concerns
 
Old 09-25-2008, 11:03 PM
 
504 posts, read 1,306,128 times
Reputation: 91
because chingo's family were mexican immigrants and his intelligence managed to get his college paid for. although emma is a good friend and a good person Moderator cut: see comment. pedro did not have those options and i first met the guy on a Via bus on my way to a small business seminar.

hard work should be recognized.

Last edited by Bo; 09-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: Privacy concerns - sharing too much about a private individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top