Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,381 times

Advertisements

I'd say the smile would be wiped off his face pretty quickly after just 10 days in general population. So, sentence should be 2 weeks time served and 1 year community service cleaning tagged buildings, fences, etc. The time served would be enough, but the added humiliation would be worth adding the community service. (Imagine the reaction of "gang members" watching their hard work being erased by a North Side punk like this guy...)

--Dim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I have one small problem with the article, that is the use of the term "teenager." Yes, technically at 19 he is a teenager; but what I hear that word I think more along the lines of a minor. Anyone 18 and older is techically an adult (even if their actions don't show it), and I would personally think that it would be smarter to break the connection between this bozo and the other teenagers (the majority of which are under 18). Otherwise, the will feel like he is one of them...
I don't think "adult" is a better term....not even "young adult". This type of behavior is still very adolescent....he's probably still in junior high in his mind. Definitely not ready for "adult" responsibilities. I don't understand why this teen needs to be separated from other younger teens who also are "tagging"?
The issue is TAGGING....not the age group doing it.

I do like the pink jumpsuit idea.....maybe with some purple polka dots!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
if the guy has talent, chances are tom frost will bail him out and fund his next gallery showing. he has done it before!
What does TOM FROST have to do with catching a tagging? Do you stretch for opportunities to cast disparaging remarks about people you don't like? I'm not getting your POINT here.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:41 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I don't think "adult" is a better term....not even "young adult". This type of behavior is still very adolescent....he's probably still in junior high in his mind. Definitely not ready for "adult" responsibilities. I don't understand why this teen needs to be separated from other younger teens who also are "tagging"?
The issue is TAGGING....not the age group doing it.

I do like the pink jumpsuit idea.....maybe with some purple polka dots!
Whereas I would agree that his maturity level is far from being an adult, by law he is one and as such, he should suffer the full extent of the law. But based on previous sentences handed down in our courts, I am sure he'll get a slap on the wrist and be out tagging before his dinner gets cold.

I honestly think his fate needs to reside in the hands of those outstanding volunteers who offer their time cleaning up this clown's handiwork, such as SilverCreek78250. That would only be fair...

Cheers! M2

Old 09-25-2008, 03:31 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
speaking of him.. where is he? I was almost expecting to see him on TV when they busted the tagger.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:23 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
What does TOM FROST have to do with catching a tagging? Do you stretch for opportunities to cast disparaging remarks about people you don't like? I'm not getting your POINT here.
you just think everything i say is negative, but cannot be open minded to anything i say and thus become caught up in your own blindness.

i love tom frost, he actually has helped some of these "taggers" begin their professional art careers in san antonio including an artist and close friend named supher, cien63, shek one, cros wun, and oarski.

they were all going to face heavy fines and possible jail time, but he got them out of it. ironically they all still do illegal work.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:27 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,357 times
thank you for the support. City Graffiti Wipeout this saturday. time for some folks here to put in work for their communities.
Graffiti Wipeout!
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post

I honestly think his fate needs to reside in the hands of those outstanding volunteers who offer their time cleaning up this clown's handiwork, such as SilverCreek78250. That would only be fair...

Cheers! M2

Old 09-25-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
you just think everything i say is negative, but cannot be open minded to anything i say and thus become caught up in your own blindness.

i love tom frost, he actually has helped some of these "taggers" begin their professional art careers in san antonio including an artist and close friend named supher, cien63, shek one, cros wun, and oarski.

they were all going to face heavy fines and possible jail time, but he got them out of it. ironically they all still do illegal work.
Quest....be careful about making judgements about being close minded. You post lots of INFO but rarely back it up. I can accept just about anything with proof. I don't have to agree with it however. Just mouthing off random things without explaining isn't productive to the topic and adds no substance.

your artist and close friend has five names?

If Tom Frost actually bailed out your tagger friend (ie supher, cien63, shek one, cros wun, and oarski) as you said then I'm a bigger fool. I say let them pay for their crime and then launch their career....

Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
He needs to be sentenced to cleaning the tags, and stay doing it until he can turn in two people who he catches doing it. Then the same goes for those two. No one gets off until they turn in two people that have evidenced tagging against them. That will do two things, one, get all the taggers known, and also make sure that the people who know them are turning each other in. They are all weak anyway, they will turn on each other in a heartbeat. If it means less work for them. believe it.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
He needs to be sentenced to cleaning the tags, and stay doing it until he can turn in two people who he catches doing it. Then the same goes for those two. No one gets off until they turn in two people that have evidenced tagging against them. That will do two things, one, get all the taggers known, and also make sure that the people who know them are turning each other in. They are all weak anyway, they will turn on each other in a heartbeat. If it means less work for them. believe it.
Now that's a great idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio