U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-12-2008, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,628 times
Default Steelers bar in San Antonio?

I will be in San Antonio, TX for a week in December 2008. Are there any official Steelers bars there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-12-2008, 02:03 PM

164 posts, read 356,706 times
sorry, no official steelers bars...but, oh my god - that game against the cowboys was amazing! TO is such a baby!

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:26 PM

41 posts, read 54,372 times
I know this is thread necromancy ...
Moved here from the burgh (ex CMUer, Squirrel Hill, Double Yoi! yinzer in the house)

I am also looking for a Steelers bar. I have friends coming in the weekend of the Bengals game and we want to find a friendly place to wave towels and drink some beer.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Things I miss most about the burgh:
Penguin hockey
Saving my parking space with a chair
Fat Heads
Southside works DeStefenos (The Works in general)
Vincents Pizza
Architecture of the city neigborhoods

Things not missed
Snow
Street people
Winter (Nov - April)
Southside Giant Eagle
The meter maids from hell

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:57 PM

744 posts, read 634,211 times
Sales jobs are a plenty, and we have a big boom with several companies moving corporate offices here. A job should not be a problem. But you know we do not have a Pro football team here right. You are leaving the Superbowl champions to come here. I am originally from upstate NY and like the weather here year round but miss the NFL.

Unread 11-12-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Sales jobs are a plenty, and we have a big boom with several companies moving corporate offices here. A job should not be a problem. But you know we do not have a Pro football team here right. You are leaving the Superbowl champions to come here. I am originally from upstate NY and like the weather here year round but miss the NFL.
Which companies are moving offices to SA? I know that several major law firms are opening SA locations.

Steeler Nation secret: Keep season tickets, sell home games ... travel to all away games AND have $ left over for beer.

SA's best kept sports secret: AHL hockey. I mean Chris Chelios is in town tomorrow night and great seats can be had for $20.00.

Unread 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM

I have found the Buffalo Wild Wings all over the city have a good steeler turn out the one we usually go to is the location at 151/410 westside of town.

Unread 11-13-2009, 02:53 AM

Anyone from the burg have any old (and I mean OLD tapes) from the morning show on WDVE, they sent some to us when I was in Desert Storm and they were hilarious. They used to do prank wake up calls, and I remember one that they called a lady whose daughter had a bird fly in the car window and hit the back glass and died. What they said was funny. Also some skits like North and South Park were also funny. Any links would be great or I would buy some if you have them. Thanks

Unread 11-13-2009, 03:18 AM

14 posts, read 21,420 times
We just relocated from Youngstown (OH), and in comparison, the job market here is a lot better here...but Youngstown never had a real good job market to begin with...

bluerose - did you forget Primanti Bros on your things to miss list???

Unread 11-13-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Anyone from the burg have any old (and I mean OLD tapes) from the morning show on WDVE, they sent some to us when I was in Desert Storm and they were hilarious. They used to do prank wake up calls, and I remember one that they called a lady whose daughter had a bird fly in the car window and hit the back glass and died. What they said was funny. Also some skits like North and South Park were also funny. Any links would be great or I would buy some if you have them. Thanks
Did you check the archives of the DVE website? They have a downloadable collection there. From Jimmy and Steeve and paulson and kren.
I would love to find the bit with mayor sophie hollering about "milk n bread"
because it is snowing and everyone is headed to the giant eagle. Also the Pants n At skit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio