Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 02:35 PM

6 posts, read 26,921 times

Advertisements

Hi...I drove thru the KB Fox Grove subdivision today and it looked pretty good. I liked the fact that they didn't cut down all the trees it seems like they were saving as many as they could. I wanted to see if anyone that lives there has any opinions on the subdivision overall. I didn't get to stop in the sales center to see if they're having any incentives right now...it seems like they're building quite a few homes.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 03:34 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,103 times
One of my employees built a house on Pearl Harvest and was very happy. It was a one story home and yes...he had some nice trees. This is one of KB's nicer "Hallmark" series communities. Very nicely laid out and most houses are brick.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times
Fox Grove is great! Not sure about incentives, but I do think that right now you can build cheaper than you can buy a used home. An inventory home would probably be your best deal. People are trying to make money off their houses and the sales are slow in here. But if someone was really motivated to get out, you might be able to get a great deal.

The subdivision is good - I live there It will continue to grow further to the south as well. The trees are also great. Now that the Cibolo Canyon's Rd is open across the street, it's an easy way to get to Stone Oak Pkwy without the traffic at Bulverde/Evans.

Any other questions about the place?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:01 PM

thanks for the responses....what are the HOA dues?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 PM

I did notice when I drove throughout the neighboorhood that the newer homes towards the back look different from the front homes of the neighborhood.

Turtle_Mom do you know if the homes on the first few streets to the left and right as you enter the subdivision are a different series or possibly a different builder? I did notice the sign of century homes at the entrance.
I didn't know if those were the original model homes currently built or newer ones.

Thanks

Old 09-28-2008, 01:11 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishmanSa View Post
I did notice when I drove throughout the neighboorhood that the newer homes towards the back look different from the front homes of the neighborhood.

Turtle_Mom do you know if the homes on the first few streets to the left and right as you enter the subdivision are a different series or possibly a different builder? I did notice the sign of century homes at the entrance.
I didn't know if those were the original model homes currently built or newer ones.

Thanks
The homes near the front are of a much nicer now discontinued series of homes. KB has done this on several communities, started with a higher end product and then finishing the community with something cheaper. They did this with my community - The Quarry at Iron Mountain.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times
The homes to the right and the first cul-de-sac to the left are Century Homes. There are a few KB Q series homes to the right as well. The first three houses to the right on Manitou Bay (South side of the street) are the models for those houses. A large majority of the houses in the Bending Grove/Bird's Elm area - to the left of the models - are another discontinued series, the R series. The R series are similar to the Hallmark series. The Q series is more luxury line that never quite took off. All of the ones by the pool and beyond are the new Hallmark series. In my side we have a mixture. My house was one of the models that stayed between the series. It was an R series, but is now Hallmark. Confusing huh?

And the dues are about $220 a year or so. Not sure, but that's what hubby remembered.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:27 PM

Thanks for all the info. this can be confusing but overall the neighborhood is layed out pretty well and seems tobe kept up by the homeowners so far. The neighboorhood looks like it goes back pretty far south. Did they ever say how many total homes the neighborhood would end up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio