Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:54 PM

63 posts, read 257,282 times

Advertisements

[quote=crazedchef;782315]Hi!!

"I thought this thread was dead and buried. Glads to see I am not the only Middle aged person who refuses to give up good old fashioned HARD ROCK!!"

Well, crazedchef, if it will make you feel better to know ~ I'm well past 38 and I'll never give up the golden oldies from the 50's and 60's, but I've never done the club scene, just records, remember them? and cd's ~ When I first ran across your thread I thought "sneakers, of course I remember sneakers, and before there were sneakers we had tennis shoes" (LOL~LOL) Felt like a darn fool when I started reading and found you were talking about clubs!!!
anyway enjoyed it!
Stay safe son, and come home as soon as possible!
You guys and gals are in my prayers daily, I'm proud of you for being there to support our troops. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 06:49 PM

55 posts, read 231,171 times
I remember a club located near where Perrin-Bietel hits Austin Highway. Now it's the Apollo adult news stand. It might have been called "Razzle Dazzle", but I was thinking it had a cooler name. Some decent bands played there in the early 80s - Too Smooth (Austin), Crossroads South (Ft. Worth), Impact
(Atlanta) to name a few.

Also there was the Rock Saloon on West Ave (I think). Same circuit of bands
came there also.

Linskie

Old 06-02-2007, 02:06 AM

898 posts, read 2,881,675 times
I remember Sneakers, I started going there in 91. saw Warrant, Jackyl, Great White, Accept, L.A.Guns, Pariah, Firehouse, Faster pussycat, Dangerous Toys, Hardline, Danzig, Dee Snider, Fear Factory, and many more. I used to go to "The Showcase" on West Ave. alot also, they would bring in the heavier bands. Sneakers, now Club Kristal brings in rock acts every now and then, I saw a killer all female tribute to Iron Maiden at Kristal, they were called "The Iron Maidens" hell of a show. Sneakers shut down at the same time the hair metal scene died.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:00 PM

351 posts, read 1,578,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I remember Sneakers, I started going there in 91. saw Warrant, Jackyl, Great White, Accept, L.A.Guns, Pariah, Firehouse, Faster pussycat, Dangerous Toys, Hardline, Danzig, Dee Snider, Fear Factory, and many more. I used to go to "The Showcase" on West Ave. alot also, they would bring in the heavier bands. Sneakers, now Club Kristal brings in rock acts every now and then, I saw a killer all female tribute to Iron Maiden at Kristal, they were called "The Iron Maidens" hell of a show. Sneakers shut down at the same time the hair metal scene died.
COOL,

Now I remember!

I saw most of those shows you mention and OH YEAH!! The SHOWCASE!!

Slayer, King Diamond, Dead Horse, Prong, etc....

LOVED THOSE SHOWS.

crazedchef

p.s.

thank you sereneinTexas, your prayers are much appreciated.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,992 times
Default Prufrock's

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemeister View Post
However, I was unable to find a "Thread Starter" option. Wondering if anyone else had high old times at "J Alfred Prufrock's".. Mulberry and St. Mary's in the mid '70's?

Wonderful place..great people!
Bring's back great memories, Claude Morgan and the Buckboard Boogie Boys, Augie Myers

Old 06-19-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestpal View Post
Bring's back great memories, Claude Morgan and the Buckboard Boogie Boys, Augie Myers
what a cool name for a club. is the building still there? if so, what's it now?

anyone remember the club on the corner of Perrin beitel and loop 410 called "Rockwave"? the only time I went there was to see Pantera. one of the craziest shows I have ever seen. oh, and Faith No More played there once.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
what a cool name for a club. is the building still there? if so, what's it now?

anyone remember the club on the corner of Perrin beitel and loop 410 called "Rockwave"? the only time I went there was to see Pantera. one of the craziest shows I have ever seen. oh, and Faith No More played there once.

YES!!

I was at BOTH the Faith No More & the Pantera show!!!

I miss those days when you COULD see a band like that in a place like that.

Sunset Station just does not have the same FEEL!!

Rock On!

crazedchef

Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
YES!!

I was at BOTH the Faith No More & the Pantera show!!!

I miss those days when you COULD see a band like that in a place like that.

Sunset Station just does not have the same FEEL!!

Rock On!

crazedchef
yea, me too. remember back in the late 80's, there seemed to be a concert every month at the convention center arena. I have all my ticket stubs in order of date, and the dates are jan. feb, mar, april, and so on. those days are long gone.
maybe we should start a thread about old concert venues, and the bands we saw.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
yea, me too. remember back in the late 80's, there seemed to be a concert every month at the convention center arena. I have all my ticket stubs in order of date, and the dates are jan. feb, mar, april, and so on. those days are long gone.
maybe we should start a thread about old concert venues, and the bands we saw.

Yeah,

I still have ALL of mine too, in order, in a special book I got online.

I MISS the Convention Center Arena. It was a crime the way they tore it down. The bands always sounded good in there even with the 3rd Balcony.

crazedchef

Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 PM

yea, lots of memories in that arena. remember the petition everyone was signing to keep it from getting torn down?

online I found out that The Runaways played randy's rodeo on feb. 17th 1978. I wish I could have seen that! but I was only 7 years old.LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio