Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 07:48 AM

24 posts, read 75,063 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else had any experience with using this company for tile or stone for floors? I am astonished that they sold me a product that was not at all represented by their samples and now they basically have told me to get lost.
What's your experiences? feeling?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 AM

3,503 posts, read 19,886,388 times
Never heard of them until now. I use ceramic tile in several houses. My best experience has been to use a local company. MM is not in San Antonio, so I would not use someone who is too far away to go to when problems erupt. There are several stone and tile companies in SA that are local. I've not had any problem with them and have gotten some exotic stone for my own house in addition to regular old ceramic tile for rent houses. Best bet is to use a local company.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:51 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
I've used Materials Marketing a number of times and they deal a lot with the trade. I've had some problem orders, but they have always made it right in one way or another. They have some very high end specialty products that are natural stones that can vary a great deal from a tiny sample. A lot depends on the company they are ordering from. Some Italian reps just don't bend on anything. I don't know what your circumstances are or what the guarantee was, but it should have been made clear up front. I had one very expensive product selected for a client, but we just could not decide without seeing the product. We basically had to pay for a "box" of tile sheets to see the finished product, but it didn't work at all. We had no trouble getting a refund.

Shane...they are definitely local. They have had a showroom on Josephine for years. It's not a stop and shop type place....lots of special order products and as I mentioned, lots of trade business. They were/are building a new showroom in the industrial area at the NE corner of I-35 and 410. I thought it should be finished by now....but I haven't been there in a while.

Overall....they can be pricey, but really have a great selection for higher end products. There are other really good tile suppliers in town as well. Just depends on the need.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:40 AM

3,503 posts, read 19,886,388 times
I stand corrected. Thank you. I looked before I opened my mouth, and the web site has no SA location listed. I guess they are waiting for the showroom to open before they add another site. I defer to a wiser source.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:51 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
I stand corrected. Thank you. I looked before I opened my mouth, and the web site has no SA location listed. I guess they are waiting for the showroom to open before they add another site. I defer to a wiser source.
No problem Shane. The SA office is listed on the national website, but it appears out of order because they ran the listings across the page instead of vertically. Shane...if you haven't been in there, go take a peek. Since you buy investment properties you might appreciate what they have to offer!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 AM

24 posts, read 75,063 times
I would not recom to anyone. Moderator cut: consumer complaint

Last edited by Bo; 10-06-2008 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: Per the TOS, this is not the place for consumer complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio