Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 01:38 PM

487 posts, read 1,117,886 times

Advertisements

Terri and her husband are exceptional parents. It's their choice and they have an extremely happy family. (wouldn't be my choice tho)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM

164 posts, read 555,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Having 1 child and not taking care of it is irresponsible. Having 7 children if you are taking care of them is not irresponsible, but also her right. I don't care what her political views are, I would never judge a person because of their reproductive choices.
I don't want this to drag on and on (or hurt anyone's feelings) but I should clarify what I mean by "irresponsible."

In my opinion, the world is a VERY overcrowded place. Having more children means you're making it more crowded in the future. What sort of world will these children inherit? Something I think about a lot whenever the "kids" question comes up with my wife.

Sorry for derailing the original topic here...however, I think what we have here is a case of divergent philosophies. Cibrian has been a friend to the gay community in San Antonio. I'm not saying that having 7 kids makes you anti-gay, but I do think that it makes for opposing points of view.

Palinism at it's best.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 PM

487 posts, read 1,117,886 times
I know very little if anything so I probably shouldn't comment but I think this had something to do with Cibrian flipping on the toll issue. It was definitely NOTHING to do with the above comment. On an unrelated / related issue . . . Cibrian got a very wonderful city employee relieved of her duties and for that alone . . . I do not like her. She will never get my vote for anything.
She will never get recalled tho. It takes a huge percentage of registered voters to get the recall, NOT just a percentage of those who voted. (the mayor answered a question about it at a meeting I attended)

Old 10-07-2008, 03:27 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
I'm surprised the whole "I hate boobies" fiasco didn't get her ousted.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:42 PM

54 posts, read 69,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm surprised the whole "I hate boobies" fiasco didn't get her ousted.
I'm surprised, too! I mean, who, with two brain cells to rub together, could ever hate boobies?

Old 10-07-2008, 03:46 PM

140 posts, read 493,788 times
Terri Hall was talking about going after Cibrian on the news (KSAT I believe). Im sorry but everytime I hear Terri Hall speak on the the news it is like fingernails on a chalkboard, I just wanna throw something at my TV, because most of what she says is so stupid. Maybe its the fact that she always tries to seem like shes talking "FOR THE PEOPLE" of San Antonio. I know a lot of people who disagree with her, along with myself, so she needs to stop going on TV acting like she speaks for San Antonio, when she DOES NOT !!!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:45 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteBeauty View Post
I'm surprised, too! I mean, who, with two brain cells to rub together, could ever hate boobies?

Yeah, I mean, "boobies ROCK!!" lol

Old 10-14-2008, 12:35 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,977 times
I hate 'em both, so it's going to be fun watching them slug it out. I think they've each met their match in the other.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,840 times
I'm sorry, but I could care less about what some house-frau in Spring Branch thinks about SAN ANTONIO'S toll-road issues... When the soccer-mom moves into the city and deals with them on a regular basis, she can complain and start as many useless websites as she wishes.

7 children? Well, maybe it's that very same family, overpopulated mentality that gets us into needing those toll roads.

It's all just basic entertainment. When you're dealing with two people who have very little message and lots of bravado, it's Greek to me.

BN

Old 10-14-2008, 07:07 PM

155 posts, read 373,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manthechange View Post
I don't want this to drag on and on (or hurt anyone's feelings) but I should clarify what I mean by "irresponsible."

In my opinion, the world is a VERY overcrowded place. Having more children means you're making it more crowded in the future. What sort of world will these children inherit? Something I think about a lot whenever the "kids" question comes up with my wife.

Sorry for derailing the original topic here...however, I think what we have here is a case of divergent philosophies. Cibrian has been a friend to the gay community in San Antonio. I'm not saying that having 7 kids makes you anti-gay, but I do think that it makes for opposing points of view.

Palinism at it's best.
Kudos to her for spreading genetic material that should up the average IQ of the human race 1e-10%. Successful folks should procreate more to counter all the folks who have nothing better to do than have children they don't have time or resources to raise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio