Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM

34 posts, read 98,308 times

Advertisements

There are a few neighborhoods close to Brooks that are okay but you might want to consider Schertz,Selma, or cibolo. They are good areas and you might prefer their neighborhoods better.
Angela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 03:01 PM

68 posts, read 272,901 times
so it looks like i probably won't be doing daycare...we don't have enough moolah to cover all the startup stuff...

so, apartments maybe? near Brooks....

any ideas?

Old 12-07-2008, 12:42 AM

50 posts, read 200,883 times
If you're a military spouse you can start a home daycare business at NO COST to you! Just contact the CDC on base (child development center) and ask who you need to get in touch with to become an off base child care provider. They do everything for you! They provide all your resources, parent/provider contracts, info about how to run the daycare, they even provide the toys, nap mats, everything you need! Believe me your phone will be ringing off the hook from parents interested in bringing their kids to you once they see how expensive day care centers are here! My friend is doing this at Robins AFB and she's making lots of money while getting to stay home with her babies and loving it! Also, just FYI we PCSd here 2 months ago and we live in the 78254 area in a 4 year old home, so far I like it a lot. I was planning on doing the daycare thing through the base but our home owner's association doesn't allow any licensed daycares to be run from home by the residents. Other than that it's nice. My only annoyance is the dang tagger kids are out of control here! They're like annoying flies everywhere that you just can't catch! We've got to get spray cans out of these little punk's hands! Grrr... Another FYI my hubby is an E-5 also and our mortgage payment is equal to our BAH. His commute to the base is about 15 min and it's a pretty easy commute, all fwy. I have kids in elementary and middle school and so far I really love their schools too! Hope this info was helpful. =)

Old 01-22-2009, 01:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,911 times
Default Homes Near Lackland AFB

Has anyone heard if Lackland AFB is closing in the near future (1-2 years)?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:08 AM

165 posts, read 463,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio_lo View Post
Not a chance.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:11 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
No way, no how!

I work on Lackland, and that has never been even suggested or rumored. I don't know where you heard that, but it is so far from the truth that it almost hurts!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-22-2009, 06:19 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Lackland is one of the few bases in the world that will probably never close and definitely isn't closing anytime soon. That would be like suggesting NAVSTA Norfolk, Camp Pendleton, or Ft. Hood close. It's just not going to happen

Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio_lo View Post
No, you might be confusing this with the hospital. They are doing some major changes in that respect. I believe that Wilford Hall is going to become a "super clinic" and all in patient care will be at BAMC. Yep, pretty fun for the docs that have to go from one side of town to the other! I would be shocked and would probably see pigs flying or hell freezing over if they closed Lackland. It's a major training base!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Not only is Lackland AFB not closing, it is one of 6 locations being considered for the 24th Air Force headquarters, "a new unit focused on the cyber mission."

Air Force announces possible locations for nuclear and cyber organizations (1/21/09) -- www.GovernmentExecutive.com

Old 01-22-2009, 10:52 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times
So OP have you moved yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio