Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 07:43 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
I agree that we should have more people advocating vigilance and asking for ideas on how to keep the city safer, but sorry I don't feel the OP or the OPer had that in mind originally.

Here it is:
It seems as though when he presented his "solutions" there was some sort of agenda coming through--such as something to do with the park police/SAPD merger, or like you said, to bash the city.

The Castle Doctrine says you can use deadly force in protecting your property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 07:45 PM

45 posts, read 393,893 times
My father and sisters live in Jersey and 4 muders in one night would still makes the news there.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:47 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbKGBkgb View Post
the truth of the matter is that san antonio is not a small, quaint town anymore with minimal problems.

we are a big city with big problems and need big resources to combat those problems.

san antonio refuses to grow adaquatly in many departments.

from lack of law enforcement to lack of infrastructure.

this city is growing up and changes need to be made to "keep up"
Over 2,200 police officers isn't enough for you?

What does infrastructure have to do with the problem or solution?

Old 10-11-2008, 07:49 PM

141 posts, read 508,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allylang1 View Post
What is the castle law?

this is what i could find

80(R) SB 378 - Introduced version - Bill Text

Old 10-11-2008, 07:50 PM

19 posts, read 44,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It seems as though when he presented his "solutions" there was some sort of agenda coming through--such as something to do with the park police/SAPD merger, or like you said, to bash the city.

The Castle Doctrine says you can use deadly force in protecting your property.
you see, this is what i mentioned earlier in a post.

there are some people here, such as yourself, who will assume that anyone who does have a negative perspective on an aspect of san antonio, has some sort of angle or agenda, when the truth is you strive to derail topics like this to point fingers and stray from the problem noted.

in this case, you are claiming i have an agenda and claiming innocence about the city's crime because "you are happy with your own stuff and dont mess with others".
that doesnt really seem like the great 'Texan Attitude'

Is that how it is here? "If it doesn't happen in my home, it is not my problem."

Sure seems like it.

Thats fine, I suppose. But I'd expect a little more concern over 1 single death an evening, let alone 4.

But gang related or not, in your back yard or not, 4 lives have been lost and rather than talk about combating this problem, you are attempting to portray me as someone who has an agenda and is trying to bash your beloved home.

guess what?

its my home too.

i live in san antonio

and whether you want to believe it or not, this is all our problem.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:55 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
I said I AM DOING MY PART--what else can I do but make sure my life and my family's is straight??? I never said I was happy about 4 murders in a night. You're being a tad melodramatic. Your agenda, and I'm almost certain you have one, will rear it's little head. Happens all the time. You have 17 posts, so forgive my suspicions.

In the meantime, I'll just sit back and watch.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:57 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreekPotato View Post
My father and sisters live in Jersey and 4 muders in one night would still makes the news there.
I didn't say it wouldn't make the news.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:57 PM

19 posts, read 44,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
Over 2,200 police officers isn't enough for you?

What does infrastructure have to do with the problem or solution?

No, I would like more officers on the streets. Particularly at night time. And of those officers, I'd like most if not all be physically capable of running down streets if needed to chase and capture suspects that are running from them. Thats not a bash, but a matter of truth. We have all seen some patrol officers who have no business dealing with potentially physical altercations. Especially when the suspects are young.

Infrastructure is just another example of how San Antonio is lagging. The city as a whole is lagging. I'm not going to debate with you on the infrastructure topic in this thread, because I do not want it to get off topic and if I contributed to that, then I apologize.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:02 PM

824 posts, read 457,930 times
We can be proud of our city and love it AND still want to make it better for all of us who are doing the right thing. I don't even understand what we are debating here.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:04 PM

45 posts, read 393,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I said I AM DOING MY PART--what else can I do but make sure my life and my family's is straight??? I never said I was happy about 4 murders in a night. You're being a tad melodramatic. Your agenda, and I'm almost certain you have one, will rear it's little head. Happens all the time. You have 17 posts, so forgive my suspicions.

In the meantime, I'll just sit back and watch.
I agree with you, Sapphire. What more can one do, but manage their own immediate surroundings? I certainly don't need you, KGB, or anyone else coming over to my house and keeping me and mine off the streets and from killing people. But I do have to agree, police response times in San Antonio have increased in recent years. But so have incidents of crimes (big and small) increased.

I remember a time when I was a rowdy young buck and it didn't take the police five minutes to respond to the scene and throw someone in cuffs. I've seen the response time drop to 20 minutes and longer in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio