Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:07 PM

19 posts, read 44,086 times

Advertisements

What a safe, non gang-infested city this is...
It's all fun and games in friendly, big city with a small town feel, right???
Looks like 2 on the SW side, 1 on the NW, and 1 on the East side.

Four killed in separate shootings (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Four_killed_in_separate_shootings.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 04:15 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times
This occurs when you grow a city like ours.. expect more as we continue to grow... the times are not helping either. There are a lot of people out there who do not want to work for a living.. they prefer to take it from me and you rather then work .. and of course it is now getting harder to find a decent job as the economy takes a nose dive... fun times are ahead..

Old 10-11-2008, 04:23 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
San Antonio, for the most part, is a safe city. If you are involved in a gang, your chances of getting snuffed out are way more than mine are. They are nothing but a bunch of idiots that think they are stuck in the "lifestyle" if you can even call it that.

It's still too early to tell how many of these are actual stranger on stranger crimes, but I honestly believe that if these victims had chosen their associates a little more carefully, and kept decent hours, they would still be alive. Nothing good happens on the streets at 2 am--and the one girl was waiting to be picked up from a party at 6am. Not saying any of them deserved to die, but there is a lack of personal responsibility in some of these cases.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:24 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
We live in the 7th largest city in the nation, crime is a fact of life.

If you could tell me that these 4 individuals were random, unconnected crimes, I might be concerned....but I bet if you get the story on each of them, there was drama of some type (and illegal drama is CERTAINLY a possibility) between those killed and those killing.

Bottom line is the type of life you lead and the people you associate with may be hazardous to your health and wellbeing.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:30 PM

504 posts, read 1,456,948 times
it was much worse in the early 90's during the gang warfare that ran rampid through south, east, west, and the northwest over near holmes high school.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:37 PM

Los Angeles had 324 murders in 2007
Los Angeles Metro had a population of nearly 13 million.
LA County Murders

San Antonio had 122 murders in 2007
San Antonio metro had a population of nearly 2 million.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/ucr.asp#data07

Do the math...

If San Antonio was the size of LA, then our murder numbers would be twice as what LA currently has.

San Antonio has a major problem right now. And I am sure a lot if not most or all are gang related but somethings gotta be done...am I right?

Old 10-11-2008, 04:50 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
You are right...if I were you I'd move to LA where it is MUCH safer.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:58 PM

See Paka, thats a typically Texas(San Antonio specific) response.

""If you dont like it, then LEAVE! We dont want change here...we refuse change and any negative criticism here!""

Open your eyes and see things for what they are. Listen to the facts, not your childhood memories of playing in alamo proud san antonio.

I fear that San Antonio is on the verge of becoming a city run by gangs.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:02 PM

89 posts, read 258,848 times
You ARE right kgbKGBkgb...something has to be done.

But I would also ask this question: what solution do you propose?

It is one thing to voice the problem...quite another to propose a solution.

I am curious what you think we should do.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:06 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbKGBkgb View Post
See Paka, thats a typically Texas(San Antonio specific) response.

""If you dont like it, then LEAVE! We dont want change here...we refuse change and any negative criticism here!""

Open your eyes and see things for what they are. Listen to the facts, not your childhood memories of playing in alamo proud san antonio.

I fear that San Antonio is on the verge of becoming a city run by gangs.
Um, 4 murders in one night is a change.

I think your fear is a bit of a stretch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio