Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:03 PM

46 posts, read 178,838 times

Advertisements

Don't know if any of yall were on 410/babcock last night around 8pm. Horrible wreck. I hope this guy get locked up for a while, and when he does get out of jail, he will never be allowed to drive again!

A scary night Sunday for three people stranded on the side of a highway. Their broken down car was rear-ended by a speeding driver. The crash happened around 8p.m. on Loop 410 near the Babcock Road exit in Northwest San Antonio. Police say the driver of the stalled car was on the shoulder looking under the hood when the driver of a Volkswagon Jetta crashed into the back of his car. The collision sent the man 30 feet down the embankment. Both his legs and an arm were broken. He also suffered internal bleeding. A woman and child in the car that was hit received non-life threatening injuries. Police say the speeding driver was racing with another car when he tried passing it in the shoulder, subsequently hitting the stalled car and a truck. Police arrested that driver, charging him with racing on a highway with injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
401 is one of those off-limits areas after about 6PM for me. The racing is really bad between Ingram/Bandera, and down to Marbach, and it terrifies me. It's bad enough when the roads aren't torn up, but with all the construction it's nothin' but scary.

I hope everyone is going to be OK.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,372 times
Seriously? I'm on that road 3-4 times a week in the evenings. How comforting........

Amazing that they weren't hurt worse.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:23 PM

944 posts, read 3,062,427 times
Yeah, I was there afterwards, and it was terrible to hear about it. It's a blessing that the injuries were not worse.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 PM

504 posts, read 1,456,948 times
according to some cop friends the car on the shoulder was slightly in the traffic lane accroding to txdot cameras. racing is not good, but impeding a traffic lane is equally as dangerous for anyone travelling at night.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 AM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
according to some cop friends the car on the shoulder was slightly in the traffic lane accroding to txdot cameras. racing is not good, but impeding a traffic lane is equally as dangerous for anyone travelling at night.
Funny, all the other cars traveling down that lane seemed to get by just fine.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
they need to round up all the kids (and adults that are just kids who are technically 18+) driving little japanese cars with big exhaust pipes and have a massive recycling event. I have no idea why these kids think an exhaust pipe and some stickers makes a race car, because it doesn't and they don't have any driving skillz either.

and why would anyone defend them?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I have no idea why these kids think an exhaust pipe and some stickers makes a race car, because it doesn't and they don't have any driving skillz either.
Not defending anyone here, but how are "these kids" any different from "those kids" with big block engines, chromed headers and exhaust, etc. back then? Street racing is what it is--stupid and reckless--but nothing has really changed in terms of mentality. Only technology.

--Dim

Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,585,752 times
The sad thing is, this guy prbably has had numerus speeding tickets but instead of being punished or taken off the road he was allowed to go and take a defensive driving coarse. Or his lawyer got it dismissed all together.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
no way, back then we actually had muscle in the muscle cars. these kids are driving little 150 HP four bangers with big exhaust pipes that make them sound beyond retarded. I have no idea how anyone thinks that's impressive. Now a V-8 or even a V-10 with a ground shaking, throaty exhaust. that's power

and when I was a retarded driver as a kid I always did it out in the middle of nowhere. The only one I was going to kill was myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio