Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 PM

9 posts, read 21,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Which brings me to a question for the OP. What is the difference between CSU and CSI? I've heard both used IRL....is there a diff, or is it just a region/jurisdictional choice of words for the forensics portion of a crime investigation?
CSI=Crime Scene Investigator
CSU=Crime Scene Unit

All the same. We used to be called and often still called Evidence Technicians...all merely a degrading title to keep us down...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 AM

504 posts, read 1,451,489 times
are you sure the LT is the central captain? i should know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarDug View Post
Sorry for the delay...I'm working round the clock with side odd jobs trying to make ends meet. Yeah, we are not rich as many presume. Dispatchers even make more than us!!!! Or it figures out to about a quarter of what a Detective makes. Pittiful hun? And we are responsible for everything from petty thefts to capital murders.

Yeah, GSRs can run as little as a couple weeks when send to the MEs Office. However, DNA first off, used to cost about $800 per run and took about 6 months. Not sure who gus is but the LT is now the Central Captain.

We had First 48 crews following us around a year or so back. I was on a few episodes. It's actually the most "real" of all the shows from what I've seen. The CSI shows make me sick. In fact, our program is better than all of theirs...they drive dumpy cargo vans and wear zippered up jump suits.

I was actually curious if anyone actually knew that most CSIs in the nation are actually civilians. All highly trained and degrees required. We've got several with Master's. The SAPDs Crime Scene Unit is currently contract set at 70% civilian and 30% sworn which all began about 11 years ago. Highly successful from any perspective you look at it. Huge cost savings. Outrageous clearance rates. Stats through the roof. Now wanna guess what the association that we aren't allowed to be a part of is planning?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:08 PM

9 posts, read 21,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
are you sure the LT is the central captain? i should know
Well, if you're talking about R. Vasquez, then yes. She was promoted to captain several months ago and is now at central. I'm fairly sure she's still there. I often see her in the hallway.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 PM

504 posts, read 1,451,489 times
no its t. velazquez how about xman velazquez? officer shirley? carlos guerra?

Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM

186 posts, read 687,857 times
I'm surprised to hear the majority are civilians. After studying computer forensics and trying to break through to the criminal side from the counterterrorism side, all I've heard is that I need to be a patrolman to even have a chance at entering the criminal cyber forensics realm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio