U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:59 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,718,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millspring View Post
I really would like to treat you to lunch and tell you about all the wonderful things about S.A. That is, after all why I started this thread!!

I am very sorry that I used the word YANKEE. I really, really am!!

Let me try to explain...Texas drivers are very courteous and polite. I've heard all these horror stories and I've never witnessed them, except on a few occassions when there's a traffic jam. The people wanting to make a last second lane change and getting flipped off if you don't let them are not from S.A.!

Lunch?

Debbie
Hey...Mill/Deb...it's ok. A LOT of us put both feet in our mouths, but it happens. It doesn't call for lunch! I think MKitty pretty much said she likes it here and doesn't really need much convincing.

Hang tight...those SA bashers will not go away....and it's just what it is.

BTW - I was offended by the "yankee" thing too and I didn't get a lunch invite....what's up with that? JUST KIDDING, of course!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM

8 posts, read 16,312 times
Default Alright already...I give up!!

I came across thiis siite tonight and got mad that so many people were bashing S.A.

I still say that if you don't like it here, leave. Immediately!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,816 posts, read 33,147,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millspring View Post
I came across thiis siite tonight and got mad that so many people were bashing S.A.

I still say that if you don't like it here, leave. Immediately!
Easy, there. If by "here," you mean City-Data, you and I need to have a conversation about the Terms of Service.

If here=San Antonio, I suggest you make that clearer next time. You're getting the benefit of the doubt since that was the gist of your first post.

Last edited by Bo; 10-18-2008 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: removed my reference to edit button, since that's no longer an option

Old 10-17-2008, 10:38 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,987,444 times
What I don't understand is why someone would get SO upset about a post that had something negative to say about SA... it is just someone else's opinion... why would you even care? The important thing is that YOU like SA. If you love it so much tell others about how much you love it instead of having a meltdown over what some total stranger on the internet said about the city you live in... who cares? I certainly don't but then that is just me I guess.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 PM

504 posts, read 1,303,752 times
in light of the point you are trying to get across by telling people to get out if they dont like it, couldn't you look the other way or ignore it? i mean practice what you preach and turn the other cheek seems fit.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:22 AM

944 posts, read 2,803,062 times
I've also never understood why people get so worked up over opinions of cities. It's not personal, yet many a thread has been consumed by personal meltdowns over newcomers' opinions of rivers, buildings, restaurants and art fairs. It's odd. I say the more diversity of opinion the better.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:48 AM

103 posts, read 242,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
I've also never understood why people get so worked up over opinions of cities. It's not personal, yet many a thread has been consumed by personal meltdowns over newcomers' opinions of rivers, buildings, restaurants and art fairs. It's odd. I say the more diversity of opinion the better.
It's not the newcomers' opinions of our city. It's when the opinions are nothing but constant negativity that tends to be repeated over and over again about the same things, usually by the same people. Yes, yes...we've heard it all before...San Antonians are uneducated, uncultivated, uncultured, obese, slow, bad drivers, etc. The city has no diversity, nothing interesting, no Trader Joe's, no In 'n' Out, no decent skyline, no light rail, not a world-class city, and so on and so forth. It gets old...FAST!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 AM

260 posts, read 1,021,775 times
So you don't complain about San Antonio???? My friend, your entire post is a rant about all the San Antonio "yankees" and 20-year-olds you are disgusted to live near and wish would leave your city. Your post is a complaint about complaints. Amusing. I see your point though and I somewhat agree with respect to people who hate America yet continue to live here and enjoy our freedoms and utilize our services.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:00 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,802,153 times
This thread would be the world's easiest troll... I can imagine someone in this thread sitting on their porch, waving their cane in the air and yelling at kids to stay out of their bushes. Must hold back...

Old 10-18-2008, 09:25 AM

944 posts, read 2,803,062 times
It would seem that all types of comments in this forum, both positive and negative, would get old fast if you are a regular reader. But remember, the stated purpose of the City-Data forum is to provide information to people interested in relocation (and others interested in researching a city), not to serve as a regular affirmation for long-time residents. Therefore, the primary target audience for comments is newer readers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio