U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 01:54 AM

504 posts, read 1,305,982 times

Advertisements

an interesting topic came up tonight and hurtful things were said to me that were not true, but i do not get caught up in the emotional things. i tend to gravitate towards the positively enlightened ideas.

it seems that many of us volunteer on a regular basis and while some do it in newer areas some do it in older and less fortunate areas, but we all have some common issues and ways to attack those issues.

i always give credit where credit is due, so i will give this to wCat.

who here would be interested in grabbing a cup of coffee and discussing some of these issues and tactics to combat them? weeding out what works and doesn't and maybe gaining new ideas that may be able to flourish in due time. something centralized like Ruta Maya coffee shop where we can sit in ambiance and discuss what ails us.

the only requirements are #1, we pick a date/time and stick to it and #2, we leave all preconcieved notions and egos at the door.

we are all capable of working out the details and planning in advance, sometime before the holidays would be ideal and it does not have to be formal. no roberts rules of order or structured. just ideas and transparency, can we make it happen?

i am a member of various car and hobby forums and they have meets throughout the year, why cant we do the same and discuss our issues and community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,743,632 times
Q.....I'll DM you in a few days. I've seen you play the "devil's advocate" before, so consider that "hurtful" discussion a dose of the same.

I like this post....it has promise. But a lot of mediation and prep work should be done to even consider what's proposed here if it's meant to be taken seriously.

But speaking seriously, either take a professional and credible stance and stick to it, or just mess around with activism part time. Either is ok. It's just hard to respond to such a melding of the minds when the person proposing it has "I OWN YOU" as their "status" on a public forum. There's the "I" thing again. It makes one skeptical about "ego" truly being parked anywhere.

I just wanted to response since you singled me out in this request.

Quote:
quest51210

Old 10-19-2008, 03:29 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,374,486 times
I have to agree with wCat. Though your intentions may be sincere, your "status" says you're superior and will not listen to what others say. Communication is a two-way process and barriers prevent this. Also, it helps to use better grammar (like capitalization) and remember, this is not a chat room, but a forum.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:57 AM

504 posts, read 1,305,982 times
there is no barrier. i am offering a location and a progressive idea. wCat proposed that we meet up to deal with city-wide issues and that is what i am ready to do. otherwise he and others who stall are only advocating the negativity they cast upon me in other parts of this forum.

i am ready to do business and hear new ideas as well as cast out a few of my own into the pond. if we are getting hung up on taglines, that is childish and this thread alone should be the measure of my enthusiasm to help on a city-wide mission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio