U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:04 PM

7,646 posts, read 8,092,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
they can catch the dog in the act of being outside.
LOL I am sorry but that was funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTexas View Post
Is there one? What does it include?

I found this: “All dogs and cats must be confined to their owner’s property at all times except when on a leash. Animal-care officers have the legal authority to enter unenclosed front yards of private property to impound unrestrained animals.”

I'm asking because our neighbors have a Pit. Oftentimes it's out in the yard with and without them (unrestrained). We have young kids and I'm uncomfortable with it being out w/out a leash. If it were to run they couldn't stop it.

It generally stays in their yard but has crossed the street, wandered into neighboring yards, etc.

Would you kindly let me know where you found this...thanks much

Old 07-10-2010, 12:42 PM

6,257 posts, read 8,986,685 times
The leash laws in the COSA are a sorry joke, IMO. Over the years, I tried time and again to get 'em involved when there were dogs wandering the neighborhood, and NEVER got a response. Period. I finally gave up and took matters into my own hands. And got news for you - don't bother trying to take 'em to the pound yourself - they typically won't take 'em.

If I see someone dumping an animal, they'd best hope to sweet Jesus that I can't get a plate number, and/or they notice me tailing them - because I WILL turn 'em in and if at all possible, lead cops straight to where they are!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 PM

3 posts, read 6,411 times
I have a neighbor that bathes her dogs out in front. We don't have enclosed yards out front so at times she's bathing one german sheperd while the other roams around (with no leash) not to mention a great Dane also. She also makes it a habit of going to her mailbox across the street while the dogs are loose in her front yard. I've even had to call Bexar County on this lady for trespassing onto my property and messing with my dogs, so there's no telling what mentality she's in. I had an incident with a german sheperd that attacked me for no reason years ago and ever since i don't trust this specific breed. I've made one report and i've taken pictures, i'm confined to my home every time she's bathing them or checking the mail. What can i do and does anyone know if there are rules within a HOA that apply to pets also?

Old 09-24-2011, 03:12 PM

932 posts, read 1,748,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey4life View Post
I've made one report and i've taken pictures, i'm confined to my home every time she's bathing them or checking the mail. What can i do and does anyone know if there are rules within a HOA that apply to pets also?
Here are all your options:

1. Get to know your neighbor / her dogs so that you feel comfortable that they won't attack you. This way, you won't be "confined" to your home whenever she's bathing them or getting her mail.
2. Talk to your neighbor and try to get her to keep her dogs on a leash
3. Call 311 and get a hold of ACS and make a report (don't hold your breath for anything to happen)
4. Check with your HOA about rules regarding animals. If something applies, take it up with your HOA
5. Move

Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTexas View Post
Is there one? What does it include?

I found this: “All dogs and cats must be confined to their owner’s property at all times except when on a leash. Animal-care officers have the legal authority to enter unenclosed front yards of private property to impound unrestrained animals.”

I'm asking because our neighbors have a Pit. Oftentimes it's out in the yard with and without them (unrestrained). We have young kids and I'm uncomfortable with it being out w/out a leash. If it were to run they couldn't stop it.

It generally stays in their yard but has crossed the street, wandered into neighboring yards, etc.
i have the exact same problem. ive called animal control IDK how many times about the unleashed pit they keep outside half the day. that pit also mauled a shi tzhu mix (thats mysteriously disappeared since ACS opened a criminal investigation on them), yet no one will come out to impound it. it also chases people on my street who ride bicycles and motor-assisted bicycles.

ive gotten into it with the neighbor a few times about it, though she seems to not care. the only good thats come of it is that ive spoken with her landlord who said he's not going to renew ANY leases to any residents in that house when their respective leases are up. theyve already trashed the house (2 / 3 tennats there are under a year on their lease) and have no respect for anyone.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:01 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post

1. Get to know your neighbor / her dogs so that you feel comfortable that they won't attack you. This way, you won't be "confined" to your home whenever she's bathing them or getting her mail.
3. Call 311 and get a hold of ACS and make a report (don't hold your breath for anything to happen)
4. Check with your HOA about rules regarding animals. If something applies, take it up with your HOA
5. Move
6) get a humane animal trap, trap the dog, dump it in the country FAR away from everyone

/no i wouldnt do that...

// LOL or would i??

Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 AM

56 posts, read 100,926 times
Anyone who lets a dog run loose anywhere does not deserve to have a dog and should be fined. Period.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:19 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,898,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
do any of you have the new trash bin system? we have seen a major reduction in loose dogs in our area since last year.
lolwut are you guys dumpstering strays?

They should at least be recycled if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
If I see someone dumping an animal, they'd best hope to sweet Jesus that I can't get a plate number, and/or they notice me tailing them - because I WILL turn 'em in and if at all possible, lead cops straight to where they are!
Turn them in for what fella? I doubt the fuzz does anything unless they are releasing bears or wild tigers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
LOL I am sorry but that was funny.
Well if you put it that way it is. LOL

I also thought animal control would not pick up a stray unless you already captured it first? New policy.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 6,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post

5. Move
Yea that's real smart to suggest getting to know my neighbor after i just got a criminal trespass warning on her. Hello? She obviously has no respect for the people around her, so i was trying to see if anyone was familiar with HOA's and what they have to say about pets with no leash within the communities. Yea maybe I should ask her to leave since i was living in my home before she came..... Retarded suggestion but i expected something stupid like from atleast one person. And yes it had to be you. I think I'll be better off trapping the dogs and shipping them to another country....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or