U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:25 AM

2,746 posts, read 9,857,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed1 View Post
Pinn Road? Are you serious? Thats your worst street of all of SA , a good friend of mine lives on brownleaf and anyone can walk that area day or night.
You must glow in the dark or something
Okay, I went and looked...

I was under the impression that Pinn road was on the west side, since the post talked about the "inner west side".

It's out by Lackland!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 12:49 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,895,728 times
I have spent half my years from 1 to 18 yr old growing up on Brownleaf and my other half growing up on Castroville Rd near Gen McMullen. I have done well for myself and since have moved away but I wouldn’t have a problem with walking those streets as a 30 something yo now. We (brothers and sisters, siblings) still go to the house on Castroville Rd. referred to as “Mama’s” house to visit every Sunday to visit and talk/play games.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM

422 posts, read 1,036,997 times
Wow. Some of you are too proud.

Pinn Road is bad. Anywhere along General McMullen is Bad. Commerce is bad. Valley High is bad. Anywhere around Lackland. South side by Palo Alto is bad. 36th street and inward is bad.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:40 PM

I would say “not scared” over “too proud” but really for the most part, bad? I mean poor yes, very poor for some yes. For the most part, yes people are getting by on a shoe string budget and it’s hard but the majority do not make it a dangerous place. I can tell you from first hand experience that the highlight of their month is being able to at least get Fred’s on a Friday or Churches on a Sunday. For some of you, that may have rang a bell. The majority of violent crime in SA is brought upon by people who know each other so if you don’t know anyone prone to violence, you won half the battle. Now go stand in line outside at the churches window! j/k

Old 02-20-2007, 04:27 PM

Scared, hardly. That's my old stomping grounds. Trust me, I know about the Church's and midnight bingo! Most people are contempt with their environment, others want better.

I've seen a lot in these areas. From car jackings, to kids breaking in cars in broad day light to steal some speakers in poorly made enclosures. I've seen 16 year olds sell pot out the back door of Little Caesars. Numerous fights over beer and women. Etc... To say there's not bad areas is a joke. These kids are a product of their environment, and it usually stays that way. It's a vicious cycle.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 PM

I am often in that area due to visiting Aunts and I have yet to witness anything you mention. Maybe I should clear it up, I am referring to Castroville in the area between 36th and where Guadalupe hits Zarzamora. I know there is more violence for the area but all you mentioned seems like a bit much. I mean, how did you know how old the kid was?

Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 PM

That was were i worked during high school. Bandera and Hillcrest. THis was 10 years ago. I've seen tons of stuff during those times, being that's were most of my freinds lived and that's were I hung out at night. Especially on the western and southern parts of town. I could go into more detail, but i'm not going bash the city i live in any further. If I had an oppurtunity to move elsewhere, I probably wouldn't. But at the same time, i'm going to keep it real.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:45 PM

144 posts, read 464,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
That was were i worked during high school. Bandera and Hillcrest. THis was 10 years ago. I've seen tons of stuff during those times, being that's were most of my freinds lived and that's were I hung out at night. Especially on the western and southern parts of town. I could go into more detail, but i'm not going bash the city i live in any further. If I had an oppurtunity to move elsewhere, I probably wouldn't. But at the same time, i'm going to keep it real.
Yeah I was gonna say, Westcreek isn't the perfect heighborhood either so I would say too much.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed1 View Post
Yeah I was gonna say, Westcreek isn't the perfect heighborhood either so I would say too much.
huh? Try again please.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 AM

32 posts, read 136,479 times
Yeah where you been looking at? Westcreek not good? Moderator cut: rude.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 02-26-2007 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Unnecessary remark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio