U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM

734 posts, read 2,051,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
This sounds racist to me as I am a white person who spent his entire life on the Northside.

I nor any of my Hispanic friends would put up with an attitude like yours.

Your attitude does not belong here

crazedchef in Baghdad
Supporting our troops so people like you can spout off hatred for no reason.
And I was going to reply to the same post - but I no longer need to because yours is the best ever!

Well said. I see no difference between the comments about rich white folk and other ethnicities - it's all hate spouting.

Thanks for your input, it is well appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 11:28 PM

35 posts, read 73,195 times
Southside, Eastside, and Westside

Old 12-22-2007, 12:41 AM

925 posts, read 74,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm_03 View Post
Southside, Eastside, and Westside
It seems you're the type that keeps these stereotypes running like a full motion locomotive.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:04 PM

2,170 posts, read 4,536,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Think you have that a bit wrong North Central is a good area

I think he meant the North Part of the Center of Downtown.. not the North Central of San Antonio.. I think there is a distinction here...

Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 PM

2 posts, read 7,109 times
Default east side yo

well today I got a little lost, i think it was towards the east side. near the tower of america's and I 37. I was on Iowa St and I pulled into a gas station to ask a group of people how to get somewhere.....a nice man gave me directions and then said i needed to get in my car as fast as I could and drive away from this area, "because this is a very bad area."

I didn't think it looked that bad...There was a lot of people hanging outside of the gas station, but i've seen worse. lol

Last edited by Belly22; 01-16-2008 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: opps no mad nice man!!! just nice man haha!

Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 PM

83 posts, read 209,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly22 View Post
well today I got a little lost, i think it was towards the east side. near the tower of america's and I 37. I was on Iowa St and I pulled into a gas station to ask a group of people how to get somewhere.....a mad nice man gave me directions and then said i needed to get in my car as fast as I could and drive away from this area, "because this is a very bad area."

I didn't think it looked that bad...There was a lot of people hanging outside of the gas station, but i've seen worse. lol

east side. i kno the area. and just because a lot of people are hangin around outside doesnt mean its a good area. u must have stuck out like a sore thumb for him to make that comment to u. either that or u had a nice car. lol. but that is the hood. or one of them around san antonio. and if u notice. in the hood there always seems to be more people hangin out outside. most are being freindly. just having fun. everyone knows everyone. i have personaly not really found that in the burbs. even tho its supposed to be safer. i guess people are not as friendly in the burbs??? im not sure. thats just what i have seen. but at least on the eastside there is always people hangin around the gas stations. weather its day or night. if its night tho, most are probably crack heads. so u should be careful. u never know what move they might pull on u. lol. as funny as it may sound, its serious.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:59 PM

2 posts, read 7,109 times
hehe i guess i did stick out...i don't have a nice car. You are right though, everyone looked friendly outside the gas station. That's why i pulled in and went up to a group haha. I do know what you're talking about at night though, an area that my bf lives in another city...it's a lot more scary at night. People openly make drug deals at the gas stations and fast food restaurants. I could just be judging them...but there's a lot of gang related deaths and violence reported every night there lol. (that's what I was referring to as "seeing worse before"...and I know there are cities in other states that are a lot worse).

yay san antonio

Old 01-17-2008, 07:53 AM

341 posts, read 847,744 times
I'm not originally from SA but when I was younger we would hang out just because we knew each other. But there were a couple within our group who were just on the look out for an easy score.

There's always a couple within a group that aren't that friendly. Just keep your eyes open and always be aware of your sorroundings and the people around you.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:32 AM

130 posts, read 366,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpotsie View Post
I'm shocked no one has talked abouth the West Side of San Antonio. THe Ease and South sides might have their share of crime. However, I have never seen so many signs for "Bailbonds" or pawn shops in my life as I have seen in the west side of San Antonio. Every home seems to have bars on the windows. Every city has its "bad" sections, and crime can happen anywhere, but let's be honest with ourselves my fellow San Antonians: the West Side is the roughest part of San Antonio. That's right! I said it!

Bail Bonds Signs = Direct vicinity of the San Antonio Jail.

Why would you drive accross town to get a bail bond?????

Bars on windows = old houses.

These homes aren't exactly new developments people.
The 60+ years old!

I have friends who live in this part of town. My grandfather livedoff of castroville & gen. mc mullen. It's not the nicest, cleanest part of town, but it certainly is the "roughest".

Its up there, but not nearly as bad as the east side, just outside of downtown... I know people that won't go near this part of town.

Honestly, people can be so silly. If you've spent more than 1 day there you'd realize that most people are just trying to live their life.

Crime is everywhere. It's just that automatically people see bars on windows and think "oh my gosh, I'm gonna get mugged, lock the doors, you don't want to get car-jacked!"

Its almost comical.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 AM

2,398 posts, read 4,256,189 times
I grew up on the southside of San Antonio, had friends who lived on both west and east sides and never had a problem going into any of these areas. Granted, my neighborhoods (Division/Nogalitos and Palo Alto) had their share of crime, but I quickly learned that if you MYOB, nobody bothers you. I do agree, though, that you have to be aware of your surroundings (no matter what side of town you're in) and, if you see trouble brewing, get the hell outta there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio