U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:58 PM

583 posts, read 901,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
I loved The Sidewinder back in the day! Where else could you see a mother leave the stage as her daughter was going on?

Ugh. I need a shower.
You must be thinking of "GLORIA'S"..used to be across Security Hill.
The owner was a Filipina lady named Gloria...she used to be behind the bar and dance her 3 songs set onstage. Her daughter would come on after and do her set.
Really...I'm not kidding.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:57 AM

778 posts, read 2,217,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo57 View Post
You must be thinking of "GLORIA'S"..used to be across Security Hill.
The owner was a Filipina lady named Gloria...she used to be behind the bar and dance her 3 songs set onstage. Her daughter would come on after and do her set.
Really...I'm not kidding.

Oh, I'm quite familiar with Gloria's... Er, I mean, I've heard about it from people... The stripping family at the Sidewinder were a different clan I suppose. Who knew this was something that got passed on from generation to generation like a fine trade?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:20 PM

2,355 posts, read 5,403,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsalas View Post
i worked there for a few years...first place i ever danced but have no idea of a back room. there was kitchen and downstairs but i do miss that place
It was a downstairs where the girl took me, I was lucky she was one of the few HOT girls what worked there.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:10 PM

583 posts, read 901,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
Georgio's was a front if there ever was one, along with Top 'O the Strip, which was nasty. A City Councilman got busted at Georgio's waiving around some kind of badge and being a fool, which the real police did not appreciate. Tha club changed not too long after that. PT's was the place for a while, hot cooperative girls. Not so good any more. The Palace is pretty good. The bathing suit type gstrings and pasties the girls have to wear are irritating. Allstars is OK, depending on who is working. I saw Steve Hahn in there recently.
Oh man, oh man...!!!...hehehe....I remember that...I knew the guy....he used to work Civil Service at Kelly AFB , I know because we used to work at the same place. SAPD arrested him at the parking lot of this establishment.
This brings back some memories of long ago.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,573 times
Default Magic Moment

The one place that i am surprised that has not been mentioned was Magic Moments. It was next to the car wash caddy corner to Tiffany's on Wurzbach. What made the place so special was that it was BYOB with fully clothed girls. They advertised Taxi Dancing. During WWII at the USO not enough girls to dance with so guys would fill girls dance cards...

Well at this place you would select a girl and she would clock in her time and you two would go off to a nice dark spot usually upstairs and what ever happened between you too was between u too as long as you paid her hourly rate...

had many a great times there,

Old 12-02-2010, 03:21 PM

159 posts, read 683,252 times
Quote:
I can't remember the name of that song of theirs
that had the cash register ringing in the background.
It was a favorite of the girls.

mud...........

Had to be "Money" by Pink Floyd.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,548 times
howdy

looks like i missed so much ! heheeeee

does any1 remember '' club desire '' back in the early 90s , it was next to kelly , also there was another 1 not far from it, about 1 to 2 miles away , i don't recall the name , but it was a small 1 ( could be go go girls something ), the owner is an old female, i talked to her few times, she said shes Moroccan & her name sadia , she also have 1 hot daughter , sexy figure , do u guys recall anything of this ? lol

memories

Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 AM

778 posts, read 2,217,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator View Post
howdy

looks like i missed so much ! heheeeee

does any1 remember '' club desire '' back in the early 90s , it was next to kelly , also there was another 1 not far from it, about 1 to 2 miles away , i don't recall the name , but it was a small 1 ( could be go go girls something ), the owner is an old female, i talked to her few times, she said shes Moroccan & her name sadia , she also have 1 hot daughter , sexy figure , do u guys recall anything of this ? lol

memories
You are thinking of Sadia's Lounge on Westfield (between Pinn Road and Old Hiway 90). It is actually someones house now. Her daughter was named "Muffy", short for Mai Phang or something like that. The daughter later owned a bar just off HiWay 90 and Old Hiway 90 (so I have heard).

Sadia's was a great place for a cold beer on a hot day.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,548 times
Default sadia's lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
You are thinking of Sadia's Lounge on Westfield (between Pinn Road and Old Hiway 90). It is actually someones house now. Her daughter was named "Muffy", short for Mai Phang or something like that. The daughter later owned a bar just off HiWay 90 and Old Hiway 90 (so I have heard).

Sadia's was a great place for a cold beer on a hot day.

well . correct me if I'm wrong ... her daughter name is '' liala'' she has black hair !!! ....
do you recall the bar name ?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,551,457 times
Never read this thread til now, entertaining! DIRTY SALLY'S used to prop their doors open during the summer and my friends and I ride up on our bicycles and peek into watch the dancers perform, and then pedal off when the bouncer ran out! I remember one friend on a skateboard who almost got caught, good times... I also recall a disgruntled trucker who drove his rig thru the club! When they finally leveled the place, my friend's dad collected broken tile and bricks and made a backyard patio deck with it, he would always mention it at parties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio