Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:45 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,434,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtoDallas View Post
Anybody remember the D&T Corral? It was near Mission Rd and Steves, that place was rough. It did have cheap canned beer and pool tables though. After about 10 brews the women were'nt too bad and the drive home wasn't far.
I remember driving by there a few times, but this was before my strip-joint visiting days. There was also another place on S. Presa called The Paradise...or Paradise something. I don't know why they called it that, the girls there were downright FUGLY!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,504 times
HEY CRAZEDCHEF if you get a moment... do you ever remember a gal named Logan she was at all stars, zebra, palace hell all of em I can name!! How crazy was that chick in SA!!! I can remember the Antonio Daniels dayz!!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,508 times
I can't believe noone's mentioned Lipstick! It was right across from the airport. I remember hearing they would get busted for soliciting all the time. I fully intended to go there when I turned 21, but they went out of business. It definitely gave a seedy appearance, even from the outside, but I didn't care.

Does anyone remember the XXX movies they would show at the downtown movie palaces? Even the ads in the newspaper would stoke my adolescent imagination. They, too disappeared before I came of age.
Hmmm...<goes to do Google Image Search for Little Oral Annie>

Old 03-30-2009, 02:14 AM

5 posts, read 16,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I remember river city cabaret, I was taken care of very good by a dancer in a back room.
i worked there for a few years...first place i ever danced but have no idea of a back room. there was kitchen and downstairs but i do miss that place

Old 03-30-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspic View Post
I can't believe noone's mentioned Lipstick! It was right across from the airport. I remember hearing they would get busted for soliciting all the time. I fully intended to go there when I turned 21, but they went out of business. It definitely gave a seedy appearance, even from the outside, but I didn't care.

Does anyone remember the XXX movies they would show at the downtown movie palaces? Even the ads in the newspaper would stoke my adolescent imagination. They, too disappeared before I came of age.
Hmmm...<goes to do Google Image Search for Little Oral Annie>
lipstick... was that also a strip club? All stars, Palace, even Georgios. Was lipstick the one that was once called wings its torn down now but it was right across the airport

Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 AM

well former dancer now housewife misses it all. not always so easy money but always a great time

Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I remember driving by there a few times, but this was before my strip-joint visiting days. There was also another place on S. Presa called The Paradise...or Paradise something. I don't know why they called it that, the girls there were downright FUGLY!
turn on the lights and more then 50% are FULGY. but that is almost anywhere

Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
was the intimate cocktail lounge later called "The Showpalace"?
never heard of the place do you remember ollys or raffles?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:01 AM

626 posts, read 1,231,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
What about The Waterhole # 3
Waterhole # 3... on Pinn Rd.?. It was close back in the late 80's I think.
While on active duty (AF), a friend of mine got hassle in that place. He got himself a lawyer to sue the place....don't remember the particulars, but after a while his lawyer found out this place...and other strip clubs...were owned by the "Bandidos" biker gang and maybe it was bes to drop the lawsuit. He did.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:19 AM

626 posts, read 1,231,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Anyone remember the Sidewinder off 90 just before Loop 410 in the Lackland area? How about Sadia's Fantasy Lounge on Westfield between Pinn Rd and Old Hiway 90. Back in the mid 80's these two dives were loads of fun with only the highest quality Rainbow Lounge and Gloria Go Go Girls rejects!

So I've heard...
"Back in the mid 80's these two dives were loads of fun with only the highest quality Rainbow Lounge and Gloria Go Go Girls rejects!"

Hehehehe....so true!!

I remember "Gloria's"..back in the early 90's...accross (then KellyAFB) Security Hill...next to the world famous "Rainbow Lounge".
I had a supervisor (Rest In Peace) that used to promote this place a lot...he was a regular at this place...had his own bar stool reserved.
Remember the parking lot...nothing but gravel...everytime it rained it was a gigantic puddle..but people still used to go there after work...moi included
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio