U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:59 AM

545 posts, read 2,087,196 times

Advertisements

New article this morning saying it could be closer to 1000 in Northside.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/education/stories/MYSA030807.01B.new_teachers.3697f21.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 AM

116 posts, read 414,510 times
Default Nisd

I currently work for NISD. This time of year is tough to try and find jobs. That does not mean that there are not any jobs to be had, simply with TAKS coming up in April, principals don't generally have time to focus on much else. Plus we've re-drawn a few boundaries here in NISD and are working on teacher allotments at each affected campus.

My best suggestion would be to submit your application with the district and schedule the screening interview, then e-mail a copy of your resume to each principal. I know it sounds tedious but it has worked for me twice. I got my current job when my now principal replied to the e-mail I sent her months prior to my actual interview.

I know it's frustrating. Both teaching jobs I've had I did not get hired until July, but don't give up.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:10 PM

5 posts, read 33,217 times
Aggie4ever01...thanks for that tip. My wife did just that last week. She called NISD and spoke with someone in HR. They off course said we do not do a screening interview for positions. She then of course said if you go to a job fair you will conduct an interview there to consider you as a candidate. Wouldn't that be a screening interview? AGGhhhh! If the schools here need teachers so bad why is it so difficult to call, get an interview, show them a degree, tons of certificates, years of experience and get a job. Double AGGHhh!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:40 PM

116 posts, read 414,510 times
Default Could they think of any more hoops to jump through?

I so sympathize with your wife...I had to jump through all those hoops too. Tell her to try not to get discouraged and rest assured, she will have a job come August.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM

6 posts, read 18,968 times
Default Looking for a teaching job

Hi everyone,

I am going to be new to the area this summer, and am going to be looking for an elementary teaching position. I understand that the NISD is going to be hiring 800 new teachers, and would appreciate any information on the availability of these positions. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Please either PM me, or post any contacts please.

Thank you

Cory

Old 03-18-2007, 10:14 AM

106 posts, read 408,907 times
Do the SA private schools hire people without certification? In Austin the Catholic schools pretty much expect you to be certified, but some of the other private schools don't.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:35 PM

60 posts, read 202,709 times
Default Summer is when the hiring is done.

School districts end their 2007-08 projection in May 2007. Once they know the budget, and the total number of teachers needed, the hiring begins early summer through mid-july.

Good luck.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:22 PM

Slaleman...sent you a PM with some questions. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM

6 posts, read 18,968 times
Just wanted to thank you guys for all the great info about the teaching jobs. I am working on getting things in order, and can't wait to hear from the districts. Once again, thanks for the info.

Cory

Old 05-15-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi all. Well has anyone had any luck actually getting a job offer????
I know there have been some big job fairs, but no phone calls yet. Still keeping our fingers crossed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio