U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,739,352 times

Advertisements

FYI ~If anybody is interested in going to the Grand Opening party, make sure you RSVP and then get there early! When I was in there last night, one of the girls said they already had well over 100 RSVP's and there's only 100 of the bath bomb that they're giving as the RSVP gift. Sounds like it's gonna be a pretty swell party, they're even having a DJ!

And interesting, she also said that the manager talked to one of the Regional Managers about how many RSVP's they had for the GO party. The RM said that the amount of RSVP's was outstanding! One of the newer shops in Houston only had 4 for theirs and the highest that any of the other TX shops had before this was like 30ish!!! The SA shop has apparently been doing VERY well, there's been a ton of people coming in that are avid Lush addicts! Guess Lush made a good decision to locate one in SA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 AM

616 posts, read 1,855,132 times
Quote:
And DANG!! You're gooooood, Eleanor!!!
This is what comes of spending a ridiculous amount of one's disposable income on Lush! I finally had to go on a moratorium to use up what I had stored up.

I love the new store - I was particularly happy that they have the holiday gifts in stock. I bought several of the Secret Santa gifts to give to my girlfriends - they're only ten dollars each, but they are so cute, and you get a lot of product for the price.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby View Post
This is what comes of spending a ridiculous amount of one's disposable income on Lush! I finally had to go on a moratorium to use up what I had stored up.

I love the new store - I was particularly happy that they have the holiday gifts in stock. I bought several of the Secret Santa gifts to give to my girlfriends - they're only ten dollars each, but they are so cute, and you get a lot of product for the price.
I LOVE the boxed gifts! Remember, they have that deal going on right now where if you spend $50 which includes one of the boxed gifts, you get a $20 gift FREE! And if you spend $100, you get a $40 gift free!! I'm gonna get a lot of teacher gifts and stuff with that. (And I'm positively drooling over the Lush Legends set!! ~ so if Otherhalf is reading this..... )

Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 AM

129 posts, read 457,922 times
So, is there one at La Cantera?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 AM

616 posts, read 1,855,132 times
Negative, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them put one out there.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,510,956 times
As far as I know, Macy's wants this to be exclusive to one store in each market. I don't see them expanding beyond NSM. Also La Cantera was not designed to be conducive to store w/in a store concept. It was built as a last generation May co. store, which were designed to be much more open and self serve.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
As far as I know, Macy's wants this to be exclusive to one store in each market. I don't see them expanding beyond NSM. Also La Cantera was not designed to be conducive to store w/in a store concept. It was built as a last generation May co. store, which were designed to be much more open and self serve.
Interesting! Not trying to debate you at all, just trying to "wrap my head around this". Do you know ~ are the Galleria and North Park Lush stores in Dallas both stand alone's? (There's also one in the Macy's in Sugarland.) And also, in Houston, there are now Lush boutiques in the Macy's stores in Willowbrook, Galleria, and Memorial City.

I'd LOVE to see Lush open stand alone shops in other areas of SA, apart from Macy's stores. Just curious what you'd heard.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,510,956 times
Neither stores in Dallas are in Macy's, as far as I know none of the Macy's here are getting a lush store in the near future. I would expect that Austin's barton creek macy's store maybe next up to get a counter. After that I'm not sure.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:11 AM

13,789 posts, read 7,315,003 times
Those LUSH stores in Dallas are stand alones with NP being the first in TX...nice to see SA with an outlet also...the bath bombs are great! If you ever pass through Orlando International Airport on the way to Disney, you'll even see an outlet there!

Old 11-26-2008, 03:30 PM

13 posts, read 28,699 times
Nice to see this. Went to one in Canada and it was quite nice; they have funky soaps that look like jell-o!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio