U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:11 PM

50 posts, read 209,716 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all of your input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 PM

17 posts, read 83,296 times
I just moved to Cibolo from NY and absolutely love it here. I have two children and the school district is great.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,866 times
Default what is the best choice for me in texas?

hi i am a 24 year old single guy.My friend and i are tired of the crap in la,so we are looking to move somewhere in Texas.We are just looking for some change on our lives.right now i am working as a bartender.where is a good place for me to move?Want to meet new people and have a good time.help me please............

Old 03-31-2009, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 25,348 times
Question What is it like in an older neighborhood like The Heights?

what would it be like to live in area code 78248? older established homes.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 23,659 times
I think the Helotes area is your best option. Great Schools, very safe neighborhoods, and it is a very upscale area, with the lowest crime rates in the the entire city! Good Luck!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:40 PM
mcl

70 posts, read 130,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI2VegasNowSA View Post
I live in Stone Oak and Canyon golf and I commute 35mile one way everyday, and I am on the road at 5:30am. My kids are attending Canyon Ridge Elementary, then Bush Middle and Reagan High. The Guadalupe Lopez Middle will be opening soon and the LBJ High in Bulverde Rd will be opening as well. This will remove the cap for Bush and Reagan unless there are more people moving into the community.

The traffic here in SA is ok compare to traffic in H1/H2 Hawaii freeways that I am used driving into. BTW, we paid $320k for Ryland Home's 3400 sq ft in a golf course community. If interested, check out San Miguel, Links @ Canyon Springs, Ridge, and Fairway Bridge.

Aloha!
I think we are neighbors! I love the area, my husband's commute is only to the airport but he leaves early as you do. We love the areas schools and people. We have a son at Reagan, and a daughter at Bush and I have nothing but good things to say about our experiences with those schools so far. I've lived in Los Angeles, and DC so the traffic here just doesn't bother me in general, I guess because I know how much worse it could be.

OP check out the various neighborhoods in the Canyon Springs area--MOST are in NEISD. There are a few that aren't but I think they are limited to the ones that are North of the Links at Canyon Springs on Canyon Gulf Road.

Good luck.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,288,232 times
It's been over three years, so I think they're good to go...

Old 03-23-2010, 05:24 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,317,961 times
If you have the money to spend, I recommend Alamo Heights (convenient to almost anywhere in the city, centrally located). The best schools in the city. It's also considered very very safe, lowest crime. I would live there in a heartbeat. Far west Bexar County, is well just too "far West" to me. Everyone in SA is moving out there in droves. Pretty much the same with Stone Oak, which I prefer to far west Bexar country. But the traffic there STINKS.

We have friends who live off 151/1604 far west area. They hate driving anywhere in the city because of the commute back.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:33 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,288,232 times
Once again, for the calendar impaired, this thread is from September 2007.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:29 PM

7 posts, read 12,967 times
Wow I am coming from the Baltimore area and our crime is outrageous, but it is mostly in certain areas that it all occurs, but man San Antonio looks like you guys just have crime everywhere. I mean I'll give you it mostly looks like petty crap but seriously damn. I guess I was just expecting better of the area since when I visited it it was very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or