U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2008, 07:55 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
796 posts, read 2,757,776 times
Reputation: 348

Advertisements

We had candy left over too. The popular one seems to be the Warheads candy. You know, after going through all of my girls bags, there were only a few candy corns. What's up with that? Next year I am handing those out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2008, 10:26 AM
 
897 posts, read 2,614,235 times
Reputation: 595
We had about 30 kids show up. Hubby gave out 3-4 pieces to each trick or treater and we still have candy left over. Now what do do with all this leftover candy?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
16,814 posts, read 33,124,702 times
Reputation: 13587
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
We had about 30 kids show up. Hubby gave out 3-4 pieces to each trick or treater and we still have candy left over. Now what do do with all this leftover candy?!
Take it to work and leave it in an open bag in the breakroom with a sign that says "Help Yourself!" That's the solution we've used for many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Highland Village
1,433 posts, read 3,521,076 times
Reputation: 998
I think all the Churches Trunk or Treats and things like that are taking away from the neighborhoods during trick or treating. Which personally makes me a little sad, it is such a good time to get to hang out with neighbors. We sat at the end of our neighbor's driveway with 2 other families and had a grand ole time. The kids all went to bed and we stayed out in the yard till midnight...ha ha ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 10:56 AM
 
1,051 posts, read 2,291,916 times
Reputation: 543
We had quite a few trick-or-treaters but very few of them were little. I was surprised at how many older kids were out. A few of the "costumes" were a little shocking to me also, a little too much skin imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1,297 posts, read 3,872,836 times
Reputation: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Take it to work and leave it in an open bag in the breakroom with a sign that says "Help Yourself!" That's the solution we've used for many years.
That's what my coworkers do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I think all the Churches Trunk or Treats and things like that are taking away from the neighborhoods during trick or treating. Which personally makes me a little sad, it is such a good time to get to hang out with neighbors. We sat at the end of our neighbor's driveway with 2 other families and had a grand ole time. The kids all went to bed and we stayed out in the yard till midnight...ha ha ha.
I took my daughter to church harvest festivals when she was a kid and she now takes my 3 year old grandson. We had a blast last night. Lots of little games and prizes and candy inside the church along with a cake walk and a maze. Then outside were the bounce houses, hay ride and face printing. There was food and snacks, too.

We noticed that there were still a great many people coming an hour before the close and we figured it was families who probably took their kids out into the neighborhoods first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Western Bexar County
3,823 posts, read 13,347,445 times
Reputation: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
We had quite a few trick-or-treaters but very few of them were little. I was surprised at how many older kids were out. A few of the "costumes" were a little shocking to me also, a little too much skin imo.
We had about 8 T-O-T's this year (all small kids). It keeps getting less each year (possibly due to DST is still in affect), so this will probably be the last year we do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top